This picture is a little peek into my day. It is one of the day's highlights, really.
Every Thursday, while Lucy is at ballet class, Max and I have 45 minutes to fill. Since her class is in the middle of the day during Max's usual nap time, I choose to fill these minutes by driving around until he is asleep, and once he is snoring, I park in front of the community center and sit in the car for the remaining time until Lucy's class is over. Sometimes I get to sit in silence for 25 whole minutes, and sometimes it is only for 5 minutes, but either way, this time is better than gold to me and I look forward to it every week.
Today, Max was pretty tired, so he fell asleep quickly, which is good because my gas tank was on E so I couldn't drive aimlessly for too long! I brought a magazine to read, and, let me tell you, the silence was bliss!! Bliss!
Have you had a highlight today?
note to file:
Max can now open the refrigerator door.
He can also unscrew the cap to a gallon of milk.
I have caught him pouring out milk onto the floor twice.
The first time (yesterday), I caught him too late and the jug was completely emptied (it was about 1/4 full).
Today, I grabbed the milk and slapped his hand before the 1/2 full jug was emptied, but a nice sized puddle was already made for me to clean.
Time to move around the shelves in the fridge and maybe get a bike lock for the doors.
Ugh.

6 comments:
This is the one I used for our fridge. Put it over the top since it's a side by side. Works pretty good. And it's only $5 or so for a 2 pack.
http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Products/Home-Safety/Latches-Locks/Details/477-48483-Adjustable-Multi-Purpose-Strap
Glad you get your silent bliss While Lucy is in ballet.
OMG- there is actually a product that can babyproof the fridge!?!?!?! I'll be buying one tomorrow! Thx Katie!
I'm sure I'll be needing one of those locks very soon too!! When we open the fridge, Logann goes right for the mustard. It's her favorite, apparently;)
As for your time to yourself...GOLD!! I love to sit and play monopoly (go figure;).
M.A.X.
Dude is not afraid of ANYTHING! wow.
The fridge lock sounds like a must have for your family! I had no idea they made such a thing.
Your quiet time sounds fabulous.
My highlight?
That Elsie and I made it through a morning routine with no tears or yelling from either of us. Yesterday nearly ruined both of us. Thank goodness for today.
I love the little peek and getting to see your beautiful face and bubs restrained and asleep! :))) So happy for your quiet time!
I can't believe all that your kids will get into and do! Yes you need a fridge lock! I have never needed one but I have seen them at babies r us!
My highlight today, would you believe it...NAP TIME! I really do love it each and every day. I had tea and an english muffin and blogged! It was heaven!
Okay the tea and the english muffin makes me sound weird...just remember if you make fun of me, I could still break a nose or two! :))) You made me laugh so hard today!
Post a Comment