January 28, 2011

Heaven on Earth

I like to think that sometimes we see glimpses of heaven.
As a mom, I feel that I see heaven through my kids, when the joy that fills my heart can barely be contained and I cannot possibly imagine an existence any sweeter than that very moment. 
Sounds corny, but I'm right, right? 

Yesterday, this was my peek at heaven-


And Lucy got her own slice of heaven on earth when Grandma played dolls with her.


And while they played, Max napped and Joe did homework.  And as for me.... Me?  Well, I got comfy on the sofa and closed my eyes for over an hour.  Heaven, people!  Heaven!  Sometimes heaven is found in the peace and quiet.

And sometimes a peek at heaven is when you get to hang out with a few of your favorite people.


And to think, the real heaven is better than all of this!

I hope that you catch a glimpse of heaven on earth today!


8 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Am I right, am I right, am I right right right!!!!??? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. You reminded me of it! :)

I love this post and it is so true that those were definite glimpses of Heaven on Earth! Lucy is so precious and you two are both so lucky to have Grandma Donna! A playmate for her and a nap for you?! Ya, that's heavenly!

Wilson Girlzz said...

All such great things!
I dig it.
:o)

Your blogger-style is super fun, love the changes and that picture of you and D-Love is c.u.t.e!

I think being a mom is heavenly and the times that are so down right awful are corrected by those heart melting moments. Thanks for reminding us all that those moments can come along at any point in any shape and any size.

Leslie said...

awwwwww.....loved this blog! and yes, you are SO right!! i believe that children take you to every possible range of emotion and hopefully the good outweigh the bad! i am so happy you have grandma donna and friends to enjoy your heaven on earth with you. love you! :)

Leslie said...

p.s. lucy is such an adorable ballerina! :)

Just Me said...

Ahhh yes, and I was in my heaven raising my happy levels with Lucy playing dolls while you were in your heaven. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Yesterday was a very special day for me, watching the lovely talented Lucy and then playing dolls with her.
Loved the ballet pics.

andrea perry said...

Oh my, Lucy in her ballet outfit is beyond cute! I can't wait until O is old enough for ballet, too!

Love, love, love the new blog design :)

Allison said...

It is pretty sweet seeing Lucy playing with Grandma Donna! Grandma's are just the best in my book. Those ballet pictures are also just darling-I love her little wellies. (Am I spelling that correctly?) Love you!

Molly Andersson said...

awwww I love Lucy!! She is so much like you and I when we were little!! :) I'm so glad you got to take pictures of her class!! and love your valentine theme for your blog! super cute sista!