January 6, 2011

Being a Mom Means...

My mom gave me this cute little book for Christmas, and I've been thumbing through it, giggling at the truths of motherhood and finding some comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in this crazy gig of being a mama.


Here are some of my faves so far (from the first 100):

1. Being a mom means thinking you're the luckiest person in the world.

7. Being a mom means getting mad that your husband doesn't get upset about the same things you do.

8. Being a mom means serving as a personal assistant.  Often to people shorter than four feet tall.

25. Being a mom means having eyes in the back of your head.

28. Being a mom means feeling absolutely certain about your parenting principles. Until you have kids.

34. Being a mom means always feeling judged by the mommy police.

43. Being a mom means feeling as if you were treated like a rock star with your first baby and like a groupie with the second.

50. Being a mom means needing a manicure in the worst way.

51. Being a mom means keeping your relationship with your husband a priority.

52. Being a mom means feeling like you don't spend enough time with your children. Even if you don't work outside of the home.

60. Being a mom means knowing you need friends to talk to, because you can only have so many conversations with people three feet tall.

80. Being a mom means trying to tell your child--in a motherly, kind, and loving way--they look like a weirdo.

84. Being a mom means constantly saying "I love you," because that's the most important thing a child needs to know.

90. Being a mom means feeling like you have to throw fabulous parties for your kids--and then learning years later that they don't remember a single one before eighth grade.

In other news, Lucy received a camera for Christmas, and I recently downloaded her first batch of digital photos.  I was completely entertained by the hundreds of pics taken of the floor, though I'm not sure if Devon was as amused as I was.  But some of them were okay.  Here is a taste of Lucy's first stab at photography.


7 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

That book looks / sounds great! I especially love #80. We are in the phase of picking out your own clothes for school and there are many days when a child who shall remain nameless looks like a complete goof-ball, but she's proud and really, what's the big deal? (RIGHT!?)

Lucy's phots are great and I am diggin' your new header. You're going to have to teach me your tricks one of these days.

Good luck with #25 today!
love you

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I love your new header too! TRICKY! That book sounds great! So true! And you are so not alone! :)

Lucy is definitely a budding photographer!!! She has skills!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

HA! I had to look up #25, yeah, good luck with that one today Mama! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

If you need to make #60 happen today dial me up!!!!

Last comment! :)

The Browns said...

My fave is #1!! Everytime I go to work, it's a good reminder of how lucky we are and how much I love my sweet and healthy baby:). Once again, the "uneventful", it's the good stuff!

Just Me said...

Love it, love your new banner. I am sure Devon likes #51 the best, which sometimes is the hardest to do.
Lucy got some great pics, especially Devon's raised eyebrow look and Max really not happy.

Leslie said...

I am just sooooo happy that you liked the book!!! I thought it was such a find that I was tempted to keep it! Also I love your new heading and Lucys pic's are fantastic!! Love you! :)