September 13, 2010

My Cure

This morning, I woke up grumpy.  Like, super grumpy.
So grumpy, in fact, that I refused to kiss my husband.
He is so darn pleasant.  Withholding kisses is really my only weapon against him.
And even as he was gathering his stuff and heading toward the door to leave for work, and I had The Thought- you know The Thought that I am talking about- What if something terrible happens today and this is our very last goodbye?- nope, still no kisses.   

I know- I'm a real peach.

The babies and I went to Stroller Strides, and I was able to work out some aggression as I got my butt kicked, but I still had the grumps.

And when we returned home, Max hurried to the Hot Wheel collection that he inherited from Joe.  He sat and played, and I smiled.  He makes the vrrrrrrrrrm sound as he moves the cars around, and I marvel at his boyness.
I moved low to the floor to take these pictures, and before I could return to my feet, Max and Lucy joined forces and seized the opportunity to ambush their mama.
They climbed on my back, sat on my head, bear-hugged my legs- they showed no mercy!  Camera still in hand, I held it high and snapped away, trying to capture the chaos.
It was silly and rambunctious and it cured me!
Grumpiness be gone!

Kisses will once again be given and accepted :)

6 comments:

Just Me said...

AHHHHhhhh, I love this. I presume Devon has had his kiss too by now :-)

Wilson Girlzz said...

Kids are the best!
They kkkneeewww you need a good rumble in the jungle!

I'm glad you are feeling better :o)

love you!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Aaaaaw the power of the little ones!!! Their kisses are cure all's I am convinced!

Leslie said...

As I am reading this I am thinking "boy did she marry someone like her dad" always so darn pleasant!!! But it is sooo true that children can cure what ails you! Very glad you are feeling better :)

comfy cozy said...

Oh Annie, I just had to laugh at this one because I too have got myself a "pleasant one" and I too can be a real "peach." Darn pleasant sometimes. I credit the monthly cycle of continious hormones that we must endure...

And how could those two sweeties lovin' on their mama NOT cure the grumpies?!!

Happy day to you!

Jacqui Lott said...

Excellent pictures! What a great way to shake off the grumpies. Hayden is going to love having Max over, and Max is going to love Hayden's car collection!