September 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

This past weekend we had a special visitor- Devon's older brother Mark.  Though Mark's visit was brief, it was a sweet reunion for the brothers, who hadn't seen each other in over 14 years.  I took it all in- seeing the resemblance, remembering the stories that I'd heard about the boys as they were growing up, noticing that Mark's humor is just as Devon described.  I wondered what it was like for Devon to introduce us- me and the kids- to his brother.  I imagine that it is kind of like, "I love Mark, and I love my family, so now you should all love each other!"  And we did love him, even Max, who insisted on showing him our autograph book from Disneyland.

The very next day, we visited Aunt Merry and Uncle Dave.  We relaxed, swam in their pool, and watched football.  Lucy really likes being a "little helper" these days, and so she was very happy to be Merry's helper in the kitchen making yummy pizza.


Lucy and Max received a package in the mail from my parents.  Did you know that fun socks are super fun??  Max was so excited about his Curious George and Handy Manny socks that he insisted that Devon put both pairs on his feet- one pair right on top of the other.  And Lucy just likes to change her socks every 15 minutes or so- she likes variety!


A Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop just opened in our neighborhood!  We gladly welcomed them (I chose Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough).


Remember that Devon declared last weekend to be a "perfect football weekend"?  Well, this weekend was the exact opposite.  The Huskies lost, the Seahawks lost, and the Metalheads lost.  On the bright side, Mark and Grandma Donna returned to watch the Seahawks game with Devon, so at least he was able to lament with fellow fans.  As for me, I snuggled with a sleepy Bubs.

And that's a wrap!

5 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

What a great recap! Wow, I had no idea that Devon hadn't seen his brother in so long! How neat that you all go to hang out. I bet it was extra special for Donna.

I am loving your cozy football weekends and family hangin'.

We have to get to the main attraction though, and that would be miss Lucy and how adorable she is! I can't believe how grown up she is cookin' in the kitchen! Oh and the package from Tutu and Cocoa (Did I say that right?) was awesome! What cute socks!

One more thing!!! We BOOGIED to your awesome CD all the way to school this morning! We love it and wanted to say a HUGE thank you!!! Oh and Sam loved it too, just like you hoped. Remember when we used to listen to Will Smith relentlessly "Going to Miami" on the way to Sierra! I couldn't help but think of it this morning.

Jacqui Lott said...

Yay! Glad the visit was nice! Lucy does look super cute in the kitchen with that apron! Very sad football weekend indeed.

What fun socks too! Such thoughtful grandparents!
Last night I pulled Hayden's socks way up over his pajama bottoms and he thought that was funny and then said "just like Joseph" - huh? Does your Joseph wear his socks up? Maybe Hayden noticed that sometime (he's very perceptive!) or maybe it's a different Joseph... Anyway, thought it was super cute! He wanted to keep his socks like that all night!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Great recap buddy!
I had no idea either that Devon and Mark hadn't seen each other in so long...was Mark on a stimulus overload?! :o)

I really love Lucy's little apron -it reminds me of my girlies who are also excellent helpers (wink, wink!)

Ben & Jerry's - YUM!! Just another good reason to come visit you ASAP!

comfy cozy said...

Great recap, Annie! It must have been pretty wild to meet Devon's brother and to see the similiarities! Lucy is just looking so darn big, I can't believe it! I know you don't want to hear that though! :)

Just caught up on your last post too and the tribute to blogging was super sweet. I'm glad to be back at it and think it's the cat's meow! And I had no idea that Lisa started blogging again either so thanks for the heads up and I'll be sure to check hers out.

P.S. I've learned to let go of all the over-sharing insecurities and you should too because your blog totally rocks and I love your authenticity!

Just Me said...

It was fun, Mark was not here near long enough after so long. But he was being pulled from all directions. I loved seeing him and Devon with the football how they used to be, both pseudo sportscasters. I was sad to have to let him go home to his family and job. Next time he will come just for us!

Love seeing Lu so happy in the kitchen with Aunt Merry. The socks are adorable.

And I know you left Merry's early so you could get home for a date together. And then I was in the middle of I-5, coming over and my clutch went out, leaving me stranded in traffic on a Saturday afternoon that was like rush hour on a Friday night.

All worked out and I have my car back. But you and Devon now have to wait 3 weeks to go out, so sorry. I wanted to have that last night with them too. I won't see them for so long. But I will have tons of pics from Spain and Italy when I return and I will be eager to stay with the babies and Joe while you go out.