September 25, 2010

Dear Television,

Welcome back!  You've been missed!
I tried not to think about you while you were gone- you know, the whole theory about out of sight, out of mind.  Not that I didn't watch my share of Wipeout and Big Brother, oh, and I can't forget Bachelor Pad!  But for the most part, I busied myself with other things, knowing that when the time was right, you'd return to me and bring me all of my favorites. 
And now that you are here, I must say that you look fabulous!  The summer break was good to you!  I like what you've done with Survivor- the whole old folks vs. young folks.  I am totally cheering for Jimmy Johnson, even though he claims that he doesn't have a chance to win the game since a jury will never give him a million dollars.  I am also cheering for Kelly, the girl with the prosthetic leg.  She is awesome, and I hope that she can stay and play as long as possible!
And Glee!  I am so curious if the group is going to be able to recruit more students for the club- like the blondie who took Finn's quarterback position.  Is Coach Beist a male or female actor?  I kind of like him/her.  And I like Rachel's bangs.  And when the group sang "New York" in the courtyard during lunch, I nearly drove myself down to the local high school and signed up for the glee club.  It was awesome. 
Oh gosh- there are so many good sitcoms.  Welcome back Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, and Big Bang Theory.  Your absence made my heart grow fonder.
And there are some new ones that I'm going to try-out, like Running Wilde, Raising Hope, and Better With You.  Better With You had me laughing out loud several times, but I am little concerned that it doesn't have staying power.  You know how sad I get when my favorite shows get canceled (ie. New Adventures With Old Christine).
I still haven't watched Grey's Anatomy.  It is waiting on my DVR.  I am a little nervous to dive in- I am still traumatized from last season's finale.
And I have to be honest- I'm not sure if I can handle The Biggest Loser this season.  You know that I love this show, but 2 hours each week is a hefty chunk of time, and so much of the footage seems to be replays or previews.  Those 2 hours could so easily be condensed (maybe I'll have to watch the show on fast-forward).
And you've saved the best premiere for last- The Amazing Race starts tomorrow!!!  Always an adventure, the Race is sure to hold my attention and keep me on the edge of my seat!
Oh TV, dear old friend, others may put you down, but you know that you are always welcome in our house!  We love you and have missed you, and, again, welcome back :)

Love, Mama Rantz & Co.

6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

what? no tribute to fall football!?

;o)
love you!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I have had a sweet reunion as well! Especially since Dougie is working the entire weekend and I have a bad cold. My DVR is packed full and I have snacks to boot!

comfy cozy said...

Dear Television,

I'm sorry that I once thought you were pretty much a waste of time. You are not. Much has changed, including the fact that I've actually learned to relax. Yes, sometimes silly things don't always come natural and they must be learned.

For the first time ever, I prepared myself with a list of shows to watch this fall. I can't wait for "The Middle" because it makes me laugh so hard. "Raising Hope" put me in a bit of a state of shock and my husband said it was just all too much and made him sick to his stomach. Yes, he can be quite conservative sometimes. And Keri Russell, she is so adorable and I had such high hopes for "Running Wilde." I was a bit confused though.

Again, my apologies that I was such a snob. I was so very wrong about you. Will you forgive me?

Annie said...

1. Andrea, I am SO OVER football! And we are only 3 weeks in... ugh!
2. Lisa, what kind of yummy snacks are you enjoying?
3. Sadina, I like your letter to tv, and I'm sure that tv will forgive you :) You are right, Raising Hope was a bit shocking, but I kind of like the main guy because he seems really genuine. I also enjoy The Middle! So funny! Running Wilde was a bit confusing, but I am going to give it some time to develop, because I really like the main actors. And you should really try Better With You- I loved it!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Annie, way to call a pregnant girl out! :) I was eating peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's, my mango salsa/sour cream/avocado concoction/, and a huge glass of OJ! :)

PS Brother's and Sisters starts tonight and you just HAVE to give it a try!!! It's my FAVORITE SHOW!

Molly Andersson said...

i LOVE fall tv so far as well!! except i think you should try parenthood as well.. its one of our favs over here :) i love u and cant wait to watch some of these with u when we are there in ovtober :)