September 19, 2010

Blogging Buddies

Nearly two years ago, my friend Lisa and I decided to start blogging.
 
Together (though 800 miles apart) we'd follow the blogs of complete strangers, and we'd talk about them as if we knew them- "Did you see what So-and-so did last weekend?  She has the best parties!  And that picture of her kids was so cute!..."  Fine, call it blog-stalking, whatever! 

Eventually we thought that maybe we should start our own blogs, so that we could follow each other's lives more and stalk strangers less.  Appropriately, we titled our first entries "Hi Lisa!" and "Hi Annie!"

A community of bloggers formed- Lisa's friend Sadina joined in, and my friends Andrea and Allison joined in too, and spanning 5 states, we've shared in the lives of each other, giving support and encouragement when needed, sharing recipes that are just too good to keep to oneself, giving Tuesday Tips, marveling at how fast our children are growing, learning of family traditions and celebrations... 

And others have joined the community too, and I tremendously enjoy what blogging has brought to my daily life.  I love swapping blog addresses with friends and officially becoming "blogging buddies," and I think that it is pretty darn cool that my parents, siblings, aunts, cousins, grandparents, can see what our family is busy doing with just the click of a button.  It is an outlet for expressing my thoughts, as well as a family journal.  And I love reading comments to see how the "community" weighs in on my latest post.

And, of course, blogging takes time, and requires vulnerability, and I often worry about, "What if my point doesn't come across?  What if my joke isn't funny?  What if I am over-sharing?"

But overall, I think that blogging is the bee's knees!

And I am SO PLEASED to share that Lisa, my original blogging buddy, who had kept us all updated with Blake Bunch, is back with a new blog!!!  Please visit her at peekthroughourwindow.wordpress.com and take a "peek through her window" to see what the Blake Bunch is doing! 

And while I'm here, I would like to thank YOU, dear reader, for reading my blog and for commenting (or not commenting- no pressure!) and for supporting and for laughing and for thinking that my kids are cute :) 

4 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Aaaawww I love this post!!! I love your memory and your ability to pull it all together so seamlessly! I couldn't live without your blog and I really love our little community. I will never forget that not only were our first posts to each other but I never even knew blogs existed until you helped me start "blog stalking"! :)

Thanks for the perfect shout out for my new blog!

Just Me said...

I love your blog and I especially love that you are keeping it updated pretty regularly. I also love that your wonderful, lovely, funny kids are my grandkids and my very favorite kids in the whole world.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Lisa's back!?
Whoot Whoot!!
I'm thrilled to see what that crazy little clan has been up to!

And, I too, think our blogger world is the bees knees!

I'm off...to well, you know where! YEE PEEE!!!

Jacqui Lott said...

YAY FOR BLOGGING MAMAS! You do such a great job at updating regularly, and I always love reading new posts and seeing your great pics! Love Max's hair, BTW! Wonder if Lisa would mind me stalking her now... ;)