Today is Devon's birthday, and it is a
VERY BIG BIRTHDAY!
40!
What can I say about this very special man on a this very special occasion?
I considered listing 40 fun tidbits about Devon, but, with all due respect to my honey, 40 is a pretty high number and therefore an ambitious list.
I pondered writing a mushy love letter to my husband, but that is more of a behind-closed-doors conversation between me and him (wink wink!).
So, what would be an appropriate tribute to the birthday boy?
What can I say about this very special man on a this very special occasion?
I considered listing 40 fun tidbits about Devon, but, with all due respect to my honey, 40 is a pretty high number and therefore an ambitious list.
I pondered writing a mushy love letter to my husband, but that is more of a behind-closed-doors conversation between me and him (wink wink!).
So, what would be an appropriate tribute to the birthday boy?
Throughout my life, I have imagined what I will be like at certain milestones- 21, 30, 40...
I hoped that at 21 years old, I'd be independent, with an agenda full of fun and friends, and exciting opportunities around every corner.
I imagined that at 30, I'd be settled down, as a wife and a mom, working hard to establish a home.
And, well, when I reach 40, I hope to be just like Devon.
Devon is self-confident and comfortable in his own skin.
He loves his job and takes pride in his work.
He has balance in his life, so that at the end of the day, he can relax and play with the kids without being bothered by an unfinished to-do list.
He is a trustworthy and consistent friend.
He is a patient and calm parent.
He is a loving and supportive spouse.
He still enjoys the things that he has enjoyed for ages, like playing softball with the Attitudes.
And he is willing to try new things and take challenges, like P90X.
He doesn't worry very much.
He has a lot of love to give.
He is silly and carefree, yet responsible.
Devon feels young yet has attained the wisdom that comes with 40 years.
To my heavy-metal-lovin', homerun-hittin' hubby,
I love you,
And I think that you make 40 look really, really good!
Forget the talk about "over the hill"- You are in your prime!
Happy Birthday Devon!
I hoped that at 21 years old, I'd be independent, with an agenda full of fun and friends, and exciting opportunities around every corner.
I imagined that at 30, I'd be settled down, as a wife and a mom, working hard to establish a home.
And, well, when I reach 40, I hope to be just like Devon.
Devon is self-confident and comfortable in his own skin.
He loves his job and takes pride in his work.
He has balance in his life, so that at the end of the day, he can relax and play with the kids without being bothered by an unfinished to-do list.
He is a trustworthy and consistent friend.
He is a patient and calm parent.
He is a loving and supportive spouse.
He still enjoys the things that he has enjoyed for ages, like playing softball with the Attitudes.
And he is willing to try new things and take challenges, like P90X.
He doesn't worry very much.
He has a lot of love to give.
He is silly and carefree, yet responsible.
Devon feels young yet has attained the wisdom that comes with 40 years.
To my heavy-metal-lovin', homerun-hittin' hubby,
I love you,
And I think that you make 40 look really, really good!
Forget the talk about "over the hill"- You are in your prime!
Happy Birthday Devon!



6 comments:
A. What a sweet and loving tribute to Devon! He is a definite keeper!!! I didn't realize this was one of those milestone birthdays for your hubby. 40 is an awesome number and Devon is making it look really good!!! It is the new 20 after all! :)
B. I will never stop getting a kick out of the blast from Devon's past photos! :)
C. I really need to get to sleep but I just can't seem to make it happen! Off to try...
awww what a super loving blog!! you really did pick a winner!!! i love him lots and im so glad he is part of our family! he doesnt even seem 40!! he has such a youthfulness about him and its awesome!!! :) Hes a keeper sis! and i loved ur tribute to him!!
Happy Birthday Devon!!! You got a good man! Glad we could be a part of your b-day celebration :)
What a perfect tribute to your husband, my son on a milestone birthday. He is a pretty good guy, isn't he? I am so glad he found you and you appreciate him as you do. You are perfect for each other.
Your tribute is super sweet and I love how you describe Devon's best qualities.
And, I love the acid wash flash back! :o) Oh man, that's a CLASSIC picture! He's come a long ways and I think he's only going to get better and better! Love that guy!
Happy late Birthday D-love!
Sweet words, Annie! You two seem like you've really got a wonderful partnership...so happy for you!
Happy 40th to Devon!
Post a Comment