So, we've had four sunny days in a row here in western Washington, and the nice weather has been inspiring me to make a delicious tropical smoothie for breakfast (I am fooling myself into thinking that I too am going to Hawaii with my mom and Molly, who are conveniently taking this mother/daughter trip while I am too pregnant to travel... but, hey, I'm not bitter! Okay, I am a little bitter. Not only am I NOT going to Hawaii, but I might just have a baby WITHOUT my mom on the continent!!??).
Anyway, if you are a smoothie lover like me, here is a fantastic one!
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup lite coconut milk (I bought a can at Trader Joe's)
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen pineapple (Trader Joe's has great frozen fruit at great prices!)
ice
BLEND and ENJOY and DREAM of waves crashing against the shore in Waikiki....
10 comments:
Let me just clarify, that a few months ago Annie actually was booked and ticketed on an all expense paid trip to Hawaii with her mama and Molly and SHE backed out!!! As a result of this Spring Break trip without her, her very sweet mother offered her a trip when she was ready to travel and needed a break! I think that was very, very nice of said mother, don't you?
P,S. Don't have Max without me!!!!!
It is true, it is all true. I will try to not have Max without you, and I hope that you have fun in Hawaii, and I will DEFINITELY take you up on your offer just as soon as Max doesn't need me anymore (same time next year???)!!
Leslie and Molly are going to the bubble??? No fair!! Annie, no backing out next time! Just imagine being able to lay on your belly in the sand!
Great Smoothie Recipe!!! I love smoothies so much! YUM!
Next year, Palm Springs baby!!!.....But anytime after that is fine : )
Oh my! All this banter of vacationing and tropical places! I really need a vacay! No, I take that back. Annie really needs a vacay! :)
Love smoothies and this one sounds like a virgin pina coloda- right up my alley!
P.S. What a nice mama you have!
OH! I forgot to add that I put some yogurt in the smoothie too, just to make it a bit creamier. Any type of yogurt is good, but I happen to have vanilla-banana (also from TJs).
Okay this is all making me thirsty and hungry!!!
Yummers!
Thanks for the tip! We'll have to blend one up soon.
Please don't back out of vacationing ever again - travel is your most-favorite thing to do!
OOH! Love the smoothie recipe. I'm gonna have to get the fixings at Trader Joe's next time I go, which I'm sure will be soon. We also like the smoothie mix you can get at Costco in their frozen food area. Has frozen berried and yogurt chunks all in a convenient 2-serving pouch. Just add milk! But your recipe sounds more tropical. Can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment