Hello little guy, how's it going in there? We have now reached 37 weeks, which means that you are welcome to come out at any time-- no one is going to stop you!
Are you comfortable? The doctor felt your head and said that it is really low and in position. You seem to stretch and adjust often, which I kind of enjoy because, though it can be uncomfortable for me, it lets me know that you are doing well. Not to mention, when your foot is sticking out, or your knee is pushing against my belly, I try to find someone (daddy, Joseph, grandma) to feel you move, just so that they can get to know you a bit too.
You probably hear Lucy's voice a lot, since she is around us the most. She has a lot to say! She is going to be a great big sister, and she is really excited to meet you. She wants to play with you and help change your diapers. Lucy is 2 years older than you, so she may think that she knows everything already, but don't worry, we won't let her get too bossy with you!
Joseph is your big brother, and you can expect a lot of kisses from him. He has so many toys, and I think that he is planning to pass some of his favorites on to you when you get bigger. Just today, he handed me a baseball card and said that the card is for you-- your first baseball card already! He can't wait to teach you about swords, superheroes, pirates, and "battles." Joseph has taught me a lot about being a mom to a boy, so you can thank him for that someday :)
Your daddy is pretty much the best dad around (well, along with my dad, who is your Coco), and I'm sure that you already love him very much. I hope that you are just like him. He is calm and compassionate, smart and funny, and he has a whole lot of love to give! He is the speediest at changing diapers, so you and I will prefer that he handles all diaper changes! Daddy will teach you about sports, insist that you are a Seahawks and Mariners fan, and try to get you to enjoy his loud music. It is okay if you don't like his music, but I don't think that the sporting teams are negotiable!
And as for me, your mama, I just can't wait to hold you and see your little face. I hope that I've given you a great place inside of me to grow. I've tried to accommodate all of your demands (milkshakes, candy, Cap'n Crunch). I already really love being a mom to Joseph and Lucy, but I'll admit that I get pretty tired and grumpy at times, so, on that note, if you could do your best to sleep at night, it would be much appreciated!
Now, as I mentioned before, you are welcome to come out at any time now, but please do not be late! Waiting until after April 29th is completely unacceptable! Joseph has a dentist appointment on the 15th, so that probably isn't a great day, and your dad has softball games on Sundays. Your Tutu's 50th birthday is on the 23rd, and she told me that she doesn't mind sharing her special day with you. You will love Tutu- she taught me all about being a mama, and she made it look so easy, which was a bit of a bait-and-switch, but we can talk about that later :)
Anyway, you can come out whenever is best for you, and your dad's only request is that you arrive in the afternoon so that we don't miss a full night's sleep. But, again, whenever you are ready is just fine! Oh, but make sure that you give Grandma plenty of time to drive to our house from Seattle! She is going to stay with Joseph and Lucy while daddy and I are at the hospital with you. By the way, you'll get to see Grandma a lot because she doesn't live too far. She will read you lots of books, watch cartoons with you, and spoil you!
Well, Max, we've got cute clothes, warm blankets, and even a rocking chair waiting for you! We hope that you will love it here with us and that you will feel right at home.
I love you already, and I will see you soon!
Love, Mommy
8 comments:
Ohhh, Annie! I just got really emotional reading this post! Did you intend to make me cry? Because you did! What a sweet letter full of love, warmth, and humor! Max is so lucky to have you! Really. Now if he can just get on board with some of those pre-requisites, like not being a day late! Hang in there! I'm thinking of you often! :)
ME TOO!!!! Oh there should have been a warning on this one...although, I guess I knew what was coming when I read Dear Max.
Oh you are such a good Mommy!!!Max truly is sooo lucky to have the best parents and big brother and sister waiting to just eat him right up!
Max, your grandma is waiting for you to make an appearance so we can hold you and look upon your sweet face. And of course spoil you.
What a great post, Annie. You need to write a book when you get time :-)
Maybe when Max is in school?
Dear Annie,
You are too sweet and I really hope you save this letter for Max when he gets bigger! I cried too as you helped introduce him to the wonderful people in his family.
I think it's super funny that you invited Max to arrive "any time" 3 different times in your letter...
is someone ready or what?!
love you too!
Good observation Andrea!!!
Well, I really wanted to emphasize that I am READY, but, of course, I don't want to rush him :)
When you are "ready" don't forget to follow my perscription!!
This is the sweetest thing I've ever read! Max is one lucky baby and Devon, Lucy and Joseph are also so blessed to have you.
Max can come any time after Tuesday ;)
Post a Comment