April 10, 2009

Spring Break

It has been an interesting week-- Joseph is on Spring Break, which means that it is up to me to entertain him everyday, and seeing as how I'm huge and hopeful that I will go into labor any minute, I think we've only left the house twice all week. I don't know how entertained he has been... but I've let him watch tons of cartoons, make messes, stay in pajamas all day, and drink smoothies for breakfast :)



On Wednesday I boiled a dozen eggs and set up the traditional PAAS egg dye kit. Lucy is still a bit young to understand the process. First, she was excited that she was going to get to drink the cups of dye. No, Lucy! Then, she was excited that she was going to get to crack and eat the eggs. No, Lucy! Then, once I gave her a model of how the dye-job gets done, she proceeded to dunk all 6 of her eggs in every color, spilling the dye twice, splashing all over, and completely staining her hands. Oh well.








Joseph was just as frustrated with Lucy's "technique" as I was! But when we tried to instruct her, this was the look she gave:




When I called Joseph up from his room to dye the eggs, this is how he arrived:






Um, okay!




Joseph was much more strategic and artistic with his 6 eggs. They turned out lovely!


4 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I think Lucy meant to say I pity the Fool that would tell me how to dye Easter eggs!!!

Seriously! She is sooo adorable! I think her pink egg matched her pink shirt perfectly!

Joseph looked adorable as well. You are cracking me up! Um okay.. seriously funny stuff Annie!

Your baby ticker says that Max is only 17 days away! That's crazy! I don't really think you should be leaving the house lady! Nobody needs you to have an "accident" in PBK! :)Sounds like you gave Joe the perfect Spring Break at home!

comfy cozy said...

Ohhh Lucy! That look says it all! No one is going to show Lucy how to do eggs! She's got it all figured out!

I'm so glad you took a pic of Joe because he looks like quite the stud! Dressing up for coloring?! A boy after my own heart! :)

Yes, I concur. Please do not leave the premise unless absolutely necessary missy! Your buddies don't need to be worrying about you!

Wilson Girlzz said...

First thing first, Q immediately said "I love his hat - a man after my own heart" - yeah...it's true, Q has a couple of those, um, "hats" just like Joseph was sporting!

Joseph's spring break sounds great - making messes in your jammies after having smoothies sounds like a wonderful way to spend a week!

Lucy cracks me up! We have a set of those very same eyebrows at our house too! Funny, that we could both be so lucky (ha ha) - our new parenting trick with Elsie is to ask her to raise her eyebrows when she gets that way - it's like an instant attitude adjustment. Amazing! Try to growl out the words "no mommy" while lifting your eyebrows - not as easy as you'd think!

I hope Max is making the most of his last few days! Livin' the good life!!

Just Me said...

Good job on those eggs, kids, I loved them, very creative. Lucy is a very independent female. Love her that way too. Joe is really stylin. Love the hat and vest look. I had a great day with you guys today. By the way, "Bama" is all ready to come stay with you kids for Max's arrival. Just call me.