Max Mitchell Rantz was born on April 27th at 11:09 pm in Seattle, Washington.
He weighs a healthy 8 pounds, 13 ounces, and is 21 inches long.
We are so in love!!
Max's birth was somewhat of a whirlwind! I had a doctor appointment on Monday afternoon, and discovered that I was dilated 3-4 cm, and the doctor stripped my membranes to get the labor to progress a bit. Within hours the contractions were intense and painful, so we made our way to the hospital. I was dilated to 6 cm when we arrived, 7 cm by the time that I got into a Labor & Delivery room, 8 cm when I received the epidural, and then my water broke, and just when I was comfortable and ready to take a little nap, it was time to start pushing!
Max was born less than 3 hours after we arrived at the hospital!
He is beautiful and perfect. So far, both Grandma Tutu and Grandma Donna have met him, as well as the proud siblings, Joseph and Lucy. Joe and Lu took turns kissing and holding him. Lucy was eager to show Max her new Dora shoes. The Grandmas had bought them "Big Brother/Big Sister" gifts, which they were super excited about.
Lucy seems to really understand that Max was inside of me and now he isn't. She has confirmed several times, "Max is not in your belly anymore-- he came out! Max is not in mama's body!" She also confirmed that he will be coming to our house tomorrow. It is going to be so much fun to see the kids get acquainted with the new addition!
8 comments:
Good job Annie! You were amazing!!!You got the chance to participate in a miracle! Don't you feel like superwoman?? He is as cute as they come and a very welcome addition to yours and our family! love you!!!
Woo hoo! He's here! He's absolutely perfect, Annie! What a handsome little thing! I'm so proud of you for being such a trooper through it all! And now he's here and healthy and you're looking so happy and proud. Consider yourself blessed! Congrats Rantz fam!
I'm so glad everything went so well with labor and delivery. You are amazing! It's so sweet to see the pics of Lucy and Joseph with Max and hear how they are enjoying the new addition to the family. What a wonderful blessing! Can't wait to meet him.
YES YES YES!!!! You did it Mama!!! He is amazing and adorable and so loved!!! You are a rock star at this whole giving birth thing...so I am feeling many more in your future!
Lucy and Joe are just the best big brother and sister a little guy could have! I was dying to know what Lucy's reaction was, thanks for sharing!
I can not leave without declaring how beautiful you look! You have that miracle of life glow working for you!!
Devon is the proud Daddy making it look so easy!! Congrats to the whole family!!!
Now maybe tonight we can all get some sleep :)!
He is truly a beautiful perfect boy, Annie. I was so happy to be able to hold the little guy and look into his little face and see his little eyes looking up at me. You looked really great today and you just had a baby. You are amazing. If you have any more you will have to get an extra grandma to help on date night :-)
I can't wait to see you and Max tomorrow.
What a beautiful family...of 5!
Thanks for sharing the great pictures and giving us all something to be excited and smile about!
I am so happy that everything went as well as it did and, as quickly as it did. You are amazing, strong, and beautiful. Nice work buddy! You make a bestie proud!!
Yeah!!! I screamed when I saw the post today. He was born on a great day... my brother's birthday! He is beautiful Annie, gosh and you look amazing after having a whirlwind birth. I should know, HA! We can't wait to meet him. Bless all of you, and try to get some sleep.
We would love to have the kids over soon to play and give you a little "break". Just let me know. See you soon. xoxoxo
Post a Comment