Yesterday we woke up to an inch of snow on the ground, but today I see blue skies! I feel revived!
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement regarding giving birth-- I've since accepted the fact that this guy has to come out, and I think that he has actually dropped a bit, which, according to my mom, who is my ultimate resource as a baby factory, means that Max should be born within the next 2 weeks! I hope she is right! My pelvic bones are hurting, my waddle is getting more obvious, and my nesting instinct is stronger than ever!
Lucy and I had an ambitious trip to University Village yesterday. I saw some crib bedding online at www.thelandofnod.com, so we went to check it out. While in the fabulous store, Lucy took her "potty stance," and I thought to myself, "Oh crap, she is pooping in The Land of Nod." I took her to their bathroom and changed her diaper, only to realize that I didn't have a spare diaper! Major mommy mishaps! It wasn't the kind of poop that I could plop into the toilet and temporarily reuse the dirty diaper (are you enjoying the potty talk?), so she went "commando"-- no diaper, no undies. Just tights and her dress, which was covered in the chocolate milk that she spilled during lunch.
Anyway, I found some adorable bedding for Max (pictures to come soon, once we clean up the Lucy/Max bedroom), and then Lucy and I waddled through a downpour of rain back to the car. We were passing by Pottery Barn Kids, and I couldn't help myself-- I had to do a quick peek. Guess who peed on the floor in PBK? I saw the potty stance once again and I knew that I'd pushed our outing past our capabilities.
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement regarding giving birth-- I've since accepted the fact that this guy has to come out, and I think that he has actually dropped a bit, which, according to my mom, who is my ultimate resource as a baby factory, means that Max should be born within the next 2 weeks! I hope she is right! My pelvic bones are hurting, my waddle is getting more obvious, and my nesting instinct is stronger than ever!
Lucy and I had an ambitious trip to University Village yesterday. I saw some crib bedding online at www.thelandofnod.com, so we went to check it out. While in the fabulous store, Lucy took her "potty stance," and I thought to myself, "Oh crap, she is pooping in The Land of Nod." I took her to their bathroom and changed her diaper, only to realize that I didn't have a spare diaper! Major mommy mishaps! It wasn't the kind of poop that I could plop into the toilet and temporarily reuse the dirty diaper (are you enjoying the potty talk?), so she went "commando"-- no diaper, no undies. Just tights and her dress, which was covered in the chocolate milk that she spilled during lunch.
Anyway, I found some adorable bedding for Max (pictures to come soon, once we clean up the Lucy/Max bedroom), and then Lucy and I waddled through a downpour of rain back to the car. We were passing by Pottery Barn Kids, and I couldn't help myself-- I had to do a quick peek. Guess who peed on the floor in PBK? I saw the potty stance once again and I knew that I'd pushed our outing past our capabilities.
Here is funny picture of Lucy during our lunch yesterday.

Last weekend, a girlfriend from Stroller Strides hosted a Spring Trunk Show at her house, benefiting the National MS Society. It is always nice to shop AND support a great cause, right?
I thought I'd show off my purchases!
I bought Lucy a super cute apron--not that I intend to incorporate her into kitchen duties anytime soon--but I thought that it would be a perfect full-size bib! Now that she is 2, all of her bibs are pretty worn, stained, and getting too small. So, when Lucy eats we either cover her clothes with towels, accept that her clothes are going to be stained, or take off her clothes altogether. This bib/apron is the perfect solution! The company that makes the bib is called Plum Tot, and the mom/entrepreneur behind the company also makes burp clothes, hooded towels and blankets. http://www.plumtot.com/

There was a beautiful line of jewelry (also created by a mom/entrepreneur), and I couldn't decide between two necklaces, so I bought them both! When I got home, I showed Devon what he bought me, and I said, "Devon, you shouldn't have!" He loves it when he buys me things! The jewelry line is Hum Designs Jewelry, http://www.humdesigns.com/. I have modeled both necklaces at once, though I don't intend to wear them together :) The locket doesn't have pictures yet, but the other locket that I own has a pic of Justin Timberlake in it, so I definitely need an updated locket!


6 comments:
Annie, I have been so busy moving into my new apt and getting it together that I have missed your last two posts since I left. I so look forward to them, especially now that I am over here in Seattle and won't see you quite so often. I just love Max's new crib gear and Lucy's new apron. You are ready for Max and you will do fine. The second one should be much easier, quicker. Just think about how you will feel to hold him when he comes. You are such a good mom. Some days it feels like you give way more than you receive and it is so for mothers, for sure. I can only tell you it is worth it. Someday you will look at Lucy with pride for the woman she has become and tell her how she kept you up many a night when you were seriously preggers with her little brother, and you will both laugh. Hang in, Max will be here soon.
you are so creative! :) I love the pictures of lucy and im very proud of your purchases! i promise i will write a bloge this week and i cant wait to meet max! The stuff from aunt michele is sooo cute!!! Max is totally gunna be a rockstar! Auntie Molly will teach him all the tricks! :) Im glad there was sun there also cuz we want to keep our prego happy as can be! love you!
What a difference a day makes! And some good ol' sunshine:) He will be here so fast you'll be sad its over! I love the trunk show stuff and really wish I could have gone with you. That was so nice of Devon to buy you some new jewelry ( you know he is my favorite son-in-law ) And I LOVE the stuff from Michele. I love you, take care of you!
Annie! How adorable!!! I love the apron and the jewelry!!! SOOO Cute!! I went on the website for the apron already and I think I know an 8 year old that would LOVE ONE!
You know how I love the "dropped" update! Max will be here before you know it!! Really any day! I can't wait. I guess I better get my lil package in the mail to Max. Way to go Aunt Michelle. Very cute stuff for the little guy!!
Your Lucy story is hilarious! I can't believe she pottied in PBK! Did you alert them? Or sneak out the back? :))))
Buddy, I've been so busy, I haven't checked the blog and I am 2whole posts behind! It feels so good to be caught up with you again!
Love the Lucy stories! OMG! I am laughing out loud...Piddle in PB Kids? What the heck LuLu!?
I'm so excited to hear that you are dropping and getting ready to ge a move on! Max we can't wait to meet you!
Woo hoo! Baby Max is coming soon! I'm sooo excited for you, Annie! I know it's an emotional time, but hang in there. You are going to rock it! You have to with that sense of humor of yours! Lucy in PB is hilarious!!! Thank you for that one! She is such a cutie, even if she doesn't quite have control yet! :)
And oh yeah, I'm in love. With your locket. I want, want, want!
Post a Comment