April 7, 2013

Sunday, Sunday

The kids and I spent the day at Aunt Merry's house.  It always feels like a vacation when we are there.  It is a short break from our world and a short adventure into Merry's world.
 
Merry's world includes animals and forest and fruit that we eat from the trees, among other things.  The kids feel at home, and they stretch out and relax and take advantage of that feeling of being on vacation when the rules don't apply.  "No, you may not have another because you've already had one."  Such an answer isn't needed when the question, "May I have another?" is never asked. Lucy consumed three full size Hersey's bars and Joe drank three Starbucks Frappuccinos and Max had three cups of Italian Ice. 
 
We followed the dogs up a trail on the property, and Max and Lucy thoroughly enjoyed squishing through mud and stomping in puddles.  The greens were so vibrant and the cold air was so clean, and my babies were so sweet.  I took several photographs in my mind, since I didn't bring a camera.  You know those moments when you think to yourself, "I don't want to forget this!"?  I had several of those today.  Then I realized that Merry had a camera.  Moment captured.


Yes, Max's lips are bright orange.  Italian Ice.

 
 
Easter Sunday.  Am I right?  What a blessed occasion to remember our Savior and His abundant love for all of us.  This year, Max had a decent understanding of what we celebrate on Easter, and my heart was full as I heard him share with Lucy, "Jesus is the treasure of our hearts.  He died on the cross for you and for me.  But he woke up.  In the tomb.  He wasn't dead anymore...."  Lucy, all smarty-pants, was like, "I already know that, Max."
 
Easter weekend was so lovely. I took the kids to an egg hunt at Eastridge Church, and we met up with friends there.  They found lots of eggs and brought home lots of candy.


Wyatt, Max, Lucy and Olivia on a train ride


 
Max was invited to an Easter themed birthday party, so he found more eggs, brought home more candy, and fell in love with a real live bunny that he named Cutie Pie.
 




Easter Sunday


Picture booth at church.  It is weird to see us all without Joe!
Max is turning four this month.  I think that because he still talks like a baby, it catches me off guard when he says something big-kid-ish.  Of course, I can't think of an example right now, other than when he told us yesterday, "I'm sexy and I know it", so you'll have to take my word on it-  our baby is growing up.  He isn't much of a baby anymore, though he told me that I can call him my baby until I'm dead.  Verbatim.
 
All three kids are on spring break now, so wish me luck finding a week's worth of fun activities while it rains cats and dogs outside!
 
I have a few plans brewing, so stay tuned!
 
 

2 comments:

Julianne said...

I just love reading your blog! Love the pics! This last week was JJ's son's spring break. We made cookies, painting on canvases, went to the beach and the pool and we played golf! It was a busy week... When he left, I tried my hand at tie-dying...super easy and fun!!! I can't wait to see all your activities! Love and miss you!
Julianne

Lisa Blake said...

Beautiful kiddos and post my dear!!!!! Can't wait to hear what's in the works. :)