I'm still sick, still taking it easy, still milking the Ask daddy, kids, because mama is sick for as long as I can.
I just finished a really great book. Really, really great. It is Bloom, and it is written by Kelle Hampton, the author of the blog Enjoying the Small Things. It is about what happens when life does not go as planned, and it is about overcoming expectations, accepting change and differences, and ultimately "blooming". It is also about the great power of friends, which Kelle calls "The Net"- friends who can catch you when you fall and keep you afloat. I finished the book feeling so grateful for my own net- y'all know who you are :)
So, unrelated... I found a pair of boots for Lucy at Old Navy for $4.97. You'd better believe that I bought them- a great deal always makes me feel giddy! She loves them, and she has been wearing them everyday since they became hers.
Yesterday after school, she tells me that her friend Elaina has the exact same boots as her! They match! So exciting! But then she says, "Except, mom, that Elaina's boots have a rectangle on the back that says 'UGG'. I wish my boots had that rectangle. Why don't my boots say 'UGG', mom? What is the difference?" Um, approximately $114.98. That is the difference.
I explained to Lucy that her boots are from Old Navy, so they are a bit different, and she seemed to accept that answer. But, oh boy, am I in trouble. Sure, I prefer to have that rectangle on the back of my boots, so why shouldn't Lucy? Because she is six! That's why!
And finally, why sit on the sofa and watch cartoons when you can do this? Silly Bubs.

1 comment:
lol, i love the picture!
Post a Comment