Molly has dreamed of getting married at Empire Mine State Park, which is in Grass Valley, California, not far from where we grew up and where my parents live now.
The park is a historic site with sprawling lawns, tall trees, stone walls, gardens, brick buildings, fountains... it is beautiful and rustic.
We all met there on Thursday afternoon for the wedding rehearsal. It was scorching hot outside, even for this California girl-turned-Seattle-sun-worshiper. We practiced the wedding stuff a few times, sweating through our clothes and risking heat stroke, and then we returned to our air conditioned cars and booked over to a restaurant in Alta Sierra called Fia's.
It is always so fun to be with the whole family. I love watching my kids play with Adam's kids, I love visiting with my sister-in-law Jill and Seth's fiance Carlee. It was so nice to see my Nana and Papa, and get to know Molly's best friend Erica... it was my idea of a good time.
Molly and Aaron gave out gifts to the wedding party, and Molly had written a poem about each of the girls. She cried as she read through them all- it was very sweet. I'll share what she wrote for Lucy and me-
Lucy
Lucy Kate, my beautiful Lu
Your heart is so lovely and your eyes are so blue
I love how you sing and I love how you dance
You make the world glimmer just when you prance
I'm so glad you came to California, because tomorrow we get to dress up!
But first you get a present, so thank you, and open it up!
Annie
My maid of honor and my big sister
Thank you for being there when I wed my Mister
It's awesome that I always feel we are close
Even when we live apart and when you think my room is gross
I love sister moments and when we get to watch movies
And I love how you've taught me things like how to make peanut butter smoothies :)
You give great advice and you are so funny
You love the Lord, Devon and finding coinage, you know... money
I couldn't ask for a better sister than you
And I love that you came here for my big "I Do"
So sweet! Here are some pictures from the evening-







4 comments:
Oh my! I can't believe little Molly is all grown up and married! Everyone looks great! It is déjà vu looking at some of these photos for me, I got married in that same spot almost 5 years ago (8/25) and had the same caterer, Melissa. In fact, I think I have one if her in the same pose, kneeling down with the kiddos! Can't wait to see the wedding photos!
WOW!! I'm so excited for Molly:) What a great adventure.
Beautiful reception.
Luv ya,
Niccole
Hope you are having a blast at DisneyLand
You are blessed with a beautiful family Annie... immediate and extended. Let's get a visit in before summer is over!
Aaaaaw what a sweet blog! It truly was such an amazing weekend! Happy Birthday, Happy Wedding! Now hurry up and get home from Disneyland so we can see you again!
Post a Comment