August 11, 2012

Wedding Day!!!

The day had finally arrived!  The wedding day!
Start to finish, August 3rd was a celebration.  We took a ton of pictures, of course, and as I look at them I will always remember what a wonderful day it was for our whole family, and, yes, especially for Aaron and Molly. :)
So, get comfy...

~Captivate Salon~


~On Our Way!~

~Ready & Waiting~



~Meanwhile...~


~Showtime!~



Brady stopped to wave and give high fives


My sweet sis cried the whole way down the aisle :)


~The Kiss~

"I Feel Good" played as they danced down the aisle. 




~The Reception~

~Time to Dance~
"I Won't Give Up On Us" by Jason Mraz




(My toast)
When I think of Molly, I think of her as the eternal little sister- the blonde girl with the bob haircut, the family’s mascot, the one who from birth was dragged to all of our sporting events and school functions, the one who is always smiling and could spend a whole day watching classic musicals.  Maybe this is how you think of her too.  Our baby!  While Molly played with Barbies, I was chasing boys.  When Molly’s attention turned to boys, I was having babies.  Now that Molly has become a wife, she is catching up to me a bit, and I am so thrilled for her to begin this next chapter of her life.  Sis, tonight I see you as a grown woman- well, a grown woman in a sweet-little-sister-kind-of-way J
For a girl who has always believed in fairy tales, Molly’s dreams have come true in finding Aaron, her Prince Charming.  Molly gave her heart to God many years ago, and she has completely trusted that He would bring her a dreamy companion someday. The Bible says that God is “able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine”, and Aaron, you are immeasurably more than any of us could ask or imagine for Molly. 
And while the “someday” came early for you two, the Bible also says, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.”  Molly and Aaron, what a godly example you have been to everyone who knows you.  My prayer for your life is that you will be blessed richly for seeking God’s will and obeying His word. 
And Aaron, Molly isn’t the only one who loves you- I think it is safe for me to speak for the rest of our family when I say that we are smitten and we welcome you into our big, crazy family with open arms, looking forward to years of ping pong battles, card games, and any game with strategy really, because, as you know, it is all about the strategy!  I hope that my sons Joe and Max will grow up to be like you.  And Molly, I hope that Lucy will grow up to be like you. And that she gets your long, pretty legs J
So, I raise a toast to my baby sis and her groom.


4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Teary-eyed reading your toast. Beautiful.

Leslie said...

Awwwww....it really was a great day! I hope Aaron felt the love and knows how welcome and wanted he is in our family! It was much easier giving Molly to someone who makes her so happy and loves her so much! Great tribute to your little sis! Love you!!!

Just Me said...

I love this blog of Molly's wedding. The pics, especially of Molly with her dad and the cute little expressions on Max's face, the family pics of you and Dev and the kids, this is a beautiful account, Annie. Your dress looks very lovely on you (both of them). Your heartfelt speech at the wedding full of love.
OK, I know you are all having fun but please please come home! I miss you all so very much!AC

Wilson Girlzz said...

What a beautiful day!
I love little Max and Brady walking down the isle...really, could they be any more adorable?!

Oh, and you made me cry...you are the master 'toaster!'