June 16, 2011

What Do You Know, Max, Lucy & Joe?

We've been busy around here!
With these kids, there is never a dull moment!

JOE
Today is Joe's last day of the 6th grade!
Hooray!
I'm not sure how I am going to keep him occupied for the next 10 weeks...
but I couldn't be happier about the fact that HOMEWORK will not be on the schedule!!
Our little Joe is growing up :)


LUCY
If you've seen the Disney movie Tangled,
you'll appreciate that Lucy spent the entire day yesterday dressed as Rapunzel, costume complete with frying pan.

And she even healed my (pretend) wounds with her magic hair and her special song.



MAX
So, the highchair is back in the house.
I stored it in the garage after we moved in November,
which was a premature move on my part, and I've spent too much time collecting his snacks from all over the house, as he prefers to roam while he eats.
But no more, I say!
He is trapped!

I propose a toast!
Cheers to the mamas who survived another school year!
We did it!

6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

I love those crazy kids of yours!

Congrats to you on making it through the 6th grade successfully for the second time in your life!! :o)

I'm glad your 'wounds' are healed -Lucy and the frying pan totally cracks me up.

Good call on the high chair. A centralized mess is way better than an everywhere mess.

Cheers!

Just Me said...

Congratulations mama! Good job on the 6th grade...again! Cheers! Bottoms up and all that!

Lucy as Rapunzel looks very focused in her role, healing with her hair and a song. Can I borrow her?
I will be losing some of my UNmagical hair today.

Great idea to get out the high chair for his own special place to eat.

Lisa Blake said...

Hip Hip to the hippity hop to the hip hip hippity hop!

Hooray! There is nothing like the school year being over!!! Joe's new look is great! 7th grader??? Yo Yo!

Good move on the high chair retrieval! He looks extra cute in it too!!

Wanna know who else looks cute? That adorable little girl of yours! Tell her that I am still expecting that song!!!

Um, what else? You and your sparkly glass look fabulous!

SEE YOU SOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!

Molly Andersson said...

I love your kids!! And I love being their auntie!! :) And I love lucy's face in the background of your toast picture! and I love maxy being trapped!! and I would love to see how long that lasts :) that is all :) oh ya! And I love you!

Annie said...

I'm with Molly :) I love how Lucy's head is in the same position as yours with almost the same look on her face. She is a mini "Annie". (I don't know if I've ever told you but I love the name Lucy :) I wanted to name Kylie Lucy but was overruled :) glad I get watch a little Lucy grow). AND I will drink to the end of a school year!!!! CHEERS!! Enjoy your 10 weeks! We just started our daily chores and it seems to have transformed how my kids are spending there time. I am quite surprised and really thankfuL... as I am with you as to how to fill the "down" time. HAPPY SUMMER to your family. Love.

andrea perry said...

Cutest blog header EVER!!! I'll help keep you guys occupied this summer, let's get together & play! Maybe we can meet at the splash park at Crossroads when it (finally) warms up!?! And I've been loving your posts lately, by the way :).

Cheers!