June 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Adam!

You may or may not know this about me-
I have really cool siblings.

I miss them.
Terribly.
One of the suckiest things about living far away from Adam, Seth, and Molly
is that I miss out on family gatherings and celebrations
such as
ADAM'S 30th BIRTHDAY,
which happens to be today.

Adam was born when I was 22 months old,
and as the story goes,
I didn't really want to bring him home from the hospital.
I thought it might be nice to bring home the other baby that I could see through the nursery window.
But we brought Adam home,
and he quickly became one of the best things that ever happened to me.


He was my built-in playmate.
He was cute,
and funny,
and clever,
and talented,
and he would be He-Man
and I'd be Wonder Woman.
Seriously, how could you not just love this kid?

Adam,
I've been thinking about you all day,
wishing that I could give you a big hug on your birthday
and that I could personally welcome you to the 30s,
so I've decided to share some things that I love about you
(in no particular order).

I love watching you play sports. 
 You are good at everything,
and that makes you fun to watch
and cheer for,
and feel proud that he's my little brother.

I love that you make up ridiculous characters,
like Wort.
(this is Wort)

Oh, here he is again!

I love that you married Jillian.
She is one of my favorite people in the whole world..

And I love that you brought Avery into our family too.
She is pretty darn special.


I love that you did some modeling...


yet you don't take yourself too seriously in front of a camera.


I love going to Palm Springs with you.

I love Ellee,
and I love watching her play with Lucy,
 and I love learning of all the ways that she is like you.



I love Brady,
and I love that you accused me of "stealing you thunder" when I told you that we were having a boy too.


I love seeing you love my kids
(is that Wort again?).


I love that you gave a toast at our wedding and said something along the lines of, "When I met Devon, my first thoughts were, 'Bad hair, poor dresser'."

I love playing board games with you and Seth.
You two can read each other's minds.
It is kind of creepy, but totally entertaining.

I love that you think that "side-head-fat" is an actual thing.

I love that you covered up for me when I was in 8th grade and had boys over when mom and dad weren't home.  Sorry that I came clean with the truth and got you grounded for two weeks because you lied.

I love that you sold your reserved seat at my high school graduation for $20 to an elderly lady.  It wasn't funny at the time, but it is kinda funny now.

I love that you make me laugh.

Happy Birthday
Adam!


8 comments:

Leslie said...

So sweet! You had me in tears!! I have to agree with you, I have really cool kids! Great tribute to your baby brother! Love you! :)
P.S. Btw, you were very missed!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I can't believe Special Friend is 30!!
Your blog made me laugh and cry.
You DO have really cool siblings (thanks to some really cool parents!)

Adam really is one of the kindest and funniest people I know.

I never knew he sold his ticket to your graduation for $20. That makes me giggle and I totally remember the toast at your wedding...oh buddy!

Cute pictures!

Annie said...

Again, you got me all choked up :) I love all the pictures of him, especially his school pictures. Happy 30th Birthday Adam.

Just Me said...

Great pics, Annie! What a nice tribute to your brother. Happy 30th birthday, Adam!

In the one of little Lucy and little Adam you look just like Lucy. Hair,eyes, everything, I love it!
This makes me wish I had a sibling. Almost:-)

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Annie, I think that you should write a book. You have a way with words. You can show emotion like no one else I know with a keyboard!

I love how you love your siblings!

Sonia said...

Awww Adam! I love him too! Happy Birthday and welcome to the 3rd decade!!!!

Great job Annie. You are amazing with words!

The Browns said...

When did our little brothers grow up?! I can't believe they are turning 30. Please tell Adam "Happy Birthday" from our family!

PS
I forgot about Wort...too funny!!

Lisa Blake said...

As you already know this post got to me! Crying and laughing all at once! We love you and Adam and you made me wish we were all gathered in your parents kitchen playing a mean game of stealth! :)

Great tribute for the funniest guy we know!

LOVE YOU BOTH!!!