June 14, 2011

There Just Isn't a Proper Title for This One

I've got to tell y'all that your comments mean so much to me.  For real.  Like, I want to wallpaper my blog with this-


 
or this-



or this-



but I think I'll sum it up like this-


(cute "blog buttons", huh?  I found them here)
So, there was an additional catalyst for my tears at the baseball game on Saturday.  For now I will just ask for prayer- specifically for patience and guidance.

I believe that change and trials and storms and uncertainty
can bring all sorts of GOOD,
but,
darn,
I sure prefer the comfort of consistency and blue skies and clarity!

Don't worry- we are all okay.  Actually, we are more than okay-
we are blessed and happy and healthy and in love...

We just have a lot of changes happening all at once,
and, evidently, it causes me to cry in public.

Guess what.
The kids and I tried a new church last Sunday,
and
WE LOVED IT.

The lead pastor is a friend from way back in junior high and high school.
I remember watching him sing with the jazz choir, wishing that I could sing too,
because jazz choir was awesome.
Nope, I can't sing very well.  But I can rap :)

Anyway, I am really excited about Rain City Church,
and if you live nearby and you are looking for a place to go on Sunday mornings,
you should try it and see if you might be excited about it too!

Hey, look!
My kids are behaving!
And they are calmly watching A Bug's Life!
And no one is fighting or crying!
And they are eating healthy snacks!
And Joe has a haircut!
And he is wearing his Championship shirt for the 3rd day in a row!

Let's play a little game called
Whose Purse Is It Anyway?
My purse was feeling a bit cluttered, so I dumped it out and along with my wallet and cell phone I found...

  • pebbles (yes, actual rocks)
  • the dumb Woody toy from our Mickey Mouse Misadventures
  • a Nerf dart
  • 4 lipglosses
  • a Spiderman motorcycle
  • 2 Pez dispensers
  • Lucy's sunglasses
  • various pieces of trash
  • a comb
  • goldfish
  • and a "diapees & wipees" bag that was empty of both diapers and wipers.
Now I ask you Whose Purse Is It Anyway?

After I did a thorough audit of the contents and restocked the diapers and wipes, I was left with this-

Ah, yes, this purse must belong to me!

Your turn!
Dump out your purse and tell me what you find!
Does your purse belong to you,
or do its contents suggest otherwise??

That is all the time we have for today folks!
Tune in next time for either
details of tonight's hot date
or
my predictions about The Bachelorette
or
the hair plans I'm developing for my visit to my sister at the salon

(No, Katie, I'm not going for this look!)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw Annie, we readers/commenters heart you too! I know lots of reasons for tears, and could take some guesses... But I'll just pray instead. ;) We have been checking out new churches too (well just one so far, but...). Is this one actually in Seattle? Maybe we'll trek up there one Sunday with you. We need to hang out soon!

The Browns said...

Your blogs are so entertaining:) Here goes nothing:

My purse contents:
wallet
brush & baby comb
2 lip glosses
hand sanitizer
2 packs of tissues
cell phone
...mostly my stuff;)

Bachelorette predictions:
JP
Ames

Real Housewives of Orange County:
Tamra or Jeana...TAMRA
Peggy or Alexis...PEGGY

Can't wait to see you!!

PS Congrats to Joe

Just Me said...

As usual, or usually, I am laughing. Is the contents of your purse or the Dallas/Tammy Faye hair the funniest?? Oh my! It's a tie!

Don't have any little ones in my purse lately. Lucy used to glom onto it as soon as I walked in the door but Max has different interests :-)

Anonymous said...

First, I love you! Like, really love you! I am so sorry you are sad. :( It makes me really sad. I will take this prayer request seriously.

Second, I love the buttons and I love comments too! Maybe I need one for my new blog. Wink wink...nod nod! :)

Third, I have yet to watch the bachelorette this week, waiting for a quiet moment and my purse is ultra clean and belongs to ME with the exception of a few diapers in case of emergency but mostly to make it seem full. Yes, that is a confession of sorts. I keep so little in my purse that I have to find things to make it look full. Sometimes I am tempted to leave the stuffing in! :) I am weird...I know.

I am excited to see what Molly is going to do to your hair. You will love the salon! I went there last week and it was the most relaxed I have been in a long time! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I am excited fo ryour new church find! What a cool hometown connection!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I.LOVE.YOU.
Damn these trials in life - I am and will always be praying for you and your family.

Despite being on the sad side, you sure are a funny one!
Tammy Faye? I mean come on, does it get any funnier?!

Your purse conents question is a great topic. I've been searching for my next blog topic...found it!

( Nicole - I can't agree more with you! I'm team Peggy and team Tamara. That Jeana is a wack-a-doodle and needs to MYOB! )

The Browns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Browns said...

PS
I'm so sorry you're sad...you are in my prayers!!

Just Me said...

I love the new Max heading! It is
PERFECT!

Molly Andersson said...

Love Love your new heading sis! ok my purse! (unusually clean...)
-to go menu for strings
-adorable accordion engagement booklet lisa gave me!
- zebra print brag book that needs pictures inside of it.. maybe of some cute nieces and nephews!
-guava chap stick, peach chap stick
- car keys
- sunglasses(Even in there case snaps for molly!!)
- a luna bar
- annnd my old cell phone which is still in my purse from when i got my new phone :)

not too bad :)

Sarah said...

So I missed the part about sharing what's in your purse. But um I don't currently carry a purse. Ever. I have a big ol' diaper bag & the only things in it that are mine are: keys, wallet, chapstick, & occasionally sunglasses. Everything else? Diapers, toys, burp clothes, wipes, spare undies for A, etc. Boy am I boring. I might be more inclined to carry a purse if I had a cute one. Hmm...