I have a recipe to share, and let me tell you, friends, that this might be the
easiest recipe ever!
Ravio-sagne is a combo of ravioli and lasagna, both of which are super yummy, right?
Here is what you need:
- 1 jar of marinara sauce (approx. 2 cups)
- 25 oz. package of frozen rectangular cheese ravioli (I bought two 9 oz. packages of Trader Joe's chicken and sausage ravioli, and it all worked out fine)
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup finely slivered basil leaves (I forgot to buy basil, but the spice rack that we received as a wedding gift came in handy with dried basil! I hope that those spices don't expire, because my dried basil is nearly 5 years old....)
Did you catch that there are only 4 ingredients???!!!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and layer the ingredients in a casserole dish in this order:
- approx 1/2 cup sauce
- layer of frozen ravioli noodles
- another 1/2 cup sauce
- a nice layer of cheese
- basil
- ravioli noodles
- sauce
- cheese
- basil
- ravioli noodles
- sauce
- cheese
- basil
Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Take foil off and bake for another 10 minutes. Cheese should be melted and ravioli should be cooked through.
My mother-in-law and my kids and I all loved it, and Devon had two helpings of left-overs the next night :)
*I must give credit where it is due: I found this recipe in a magazine at the pediatrician's office, simply called Mom, and the published chef is Devin Alexander
4 comments:
"a nice layer of cheese"
I am 100% in on this one buddy!
THANKS for the YUMMIES!!!
I am sooo glad it was a hit!!! I had high hopes for you!!! Can you believe how late it is? Before you have to go to the trouble of emailing me...:)...Dougie is working a late shift and the kiddos except Tanner (who says hello btw) are all alseep! Guess what? I blogged! Phew! My once a month is done!
I can't wait to make this delicious recipe!!! Grocery shopping tomorrow!
I can vouch for this recipe! Declicious. And noticed the chef who published it was named Devin, even though he spells it wrong :-)
I made this last night:) It was SO easy and a total hit. Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment