April 11, 2010

Plaaaaaaaay Ball!

It is now officially the time of year when our party of 5 will spend Saturdays at little league games, Sundays at softball games, and various days of the week cheering for the Mariners, all while I complain that my life is being controlled by a small leather ball.

But, really, I kind of like it :) Only kind of.

Joe's team played their first game yesterday, and we braved the 32 degree morning to cheer them on- GO REDS!!

Here is our lean, mean 1st baseman!



Devon was on his best behavior, remembering to be a fan in the bleachers, not a coach :)

Max was passed back and forth between daddy and mommy, in an attempt to keep him from eating gravel...



But ultimately it all proved to be just a bit too much excitement for him!





And Lucy was very happy to play with dirt and sticks....



until some older girls invited her to play hide and seek.

Can you find Lucy?

I giggled all day when I thought of her special hiding spot!

The day ended with DATE NIGHT!

Devon scored tickets for us to see Ludacris and The Black Eyed Peas-

It was a really fun, high-energy show, and though our seats were in the second to last row at the very top of the Tacoma Dome, we sat with friends from Devon's company, and we danced and sang and had a great time.

And Fergie was as Fergalicious as I'd hoped she would be!

6 comments:

Just Me said...

Giggling too, about Lucy's hiding place...she blends right in with the white.

I was unable to get myself together with 32 degrees, 30 miles to drive to be there at 9am for Joe's first game, but looking forward to more, and he looks in great form!

I do hope little Max's nose has slowed down and he is feeling better today.

Wilson Girlzz said...

I too can relate and have just as much of a love/hate relationship with that same ball...

You look great and I'm glad you had fun last night up in the nose bleed section!

Enjoy your Sunday!!

Leslie said...

What a great day! my favorite part? Lucy hiding:) adorable! btw, Joe and Devon are both looking lean and mean! glad you got a date night!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Cause I've got a feelin'!!!!!!

Wow...how fun and may I say super duper cool of you Annie!!! I am not much for the pop music anymore but old Fergie and her peas can always get my bootie shakin'!

I absolutely LOVE every picture in this post! Looks like you won't be getting much sympathy for you indentured service to the little leather ball! Joe looks like a pro, Max is as yummy as ever, and Lucy is cute as can be in her oh so covert hiding spot!!!

comfy cozy said...

Aww, it's that time of year again?! Look at how long we've been together! I remember last year you had to nurse Max in the dugout! Love it! :)

Lucy's hiding spot is awesome!! Too cute!

And date night with the Peas?! You go, girl! Happy Spring! and just remember when you think you've had about enough of the games, just think of all the memories the kiddies will have!

The Browns said...

I LOVE your blogs:) Lucy couldn't be any cuter!!