Max: "Uh, you are nice, but I want my mommy!"
1) Lucy will only wear her finest dress-up clothes to Aunt Merry's house.
2) Merry can totally relate to Lucy's passion for lovely things.
3) On this visit, Merry had surprised Lucy with some ballet DVDs (you can see the delight on her face!).
Lucy became the luckiest girl in the world when Merry gave her several ballet tutus and costumes, as well as the most beautiful and fancy Easter ensemble complete with hat, coat, and purse (the purse contains a pretty hankerchief that once belonged to Grandma Joyce Rantz, Lucy's great-grandma, who was very special to Devon and his siblings).
Lucy's shifty-eyes are making sure that Merry's dogs don't come in the room!
Max: "Uh, you are nice, but I want my daddy!"
me, Merry & Julianne
From Merry's house, we went to the local fire station for their annual egg hunt. Not only did the kids enjoy the egg hunt and pick up a whole 'lotta loot, but we got a good refresher course on fire safety!
Lucy was the fanciest egg hunter you ever did see!
I love this picture of Joe! He takes his egg hunts very seriously! Look at his intensity!
Back at Merry's, we ate candy until our bellies said, "NO MORE".
Merry and Julianne had put together Easter baskets for the kids, and they hid some eggs inside the house, and the yummy snacks were in abundance, and I even got to spend a little bit of time in Merry's tanning bed. This California girl needs some sun-kisses.
And Max was happy to watch the dogs through the window.
We had a very Merry Easter!
6 comments:
That looks like one fun Easter Annie!!! Gosh, if Lucy were any cuter it just might be a crime!!! The princess ensemble's are just to die for! The boys are quite adorable as well! I loved Joe's intensity! So glad you got to spend some time with the sister's!!
I LOVE the tutus! Ethan and Lucy will be high fashion kids for their dress-up time! I especially love that you got to spend some time in the tanning bed... you crack me up! I could have used it just to get myself warm again. I could not warm up the rest of the day on Saturday!
Super fun pictures and a clever little riddle! I think I have it figured out (only because of some "cliff notes" from you!)
Your Easter looks like it was super fun, full of fashion (love Lucy's taste!) and thrills (Joe on a mad dash for eggs!).
I chuckled to myself that you spent a little time in Merry's tanning bed too - hey, why not!?
Max looks bigger - significantly bigger - is he growing like crazy or what?! I miss you tons!
Okay, the riddle has me totally thrown! I'm soo confused!
Easter looks like a blast and, oh my goodness!, if Lucy isn't the sweetest darn fanciest little hunter ever! She really is such a Princess!! How does it feel to be completely de-throned?! :)
And green grass!! You lucky girl!
Love the pics and glad to see Lucy in her finest, great of Merry to do that.
The middle child thing is true except he was never raised with the older kids and briefly with the younger, but he was definitely a youngest and an only with 6 half siblings. Lucky Devon.
yes, Max is growing way too fast! he is huge!
Okay, the riddle:
His dad had 2 children before Devon, and 2 after, making him a middle.
His mom had 2 children before him, making him a youngest.
And he is the only child of his dad and mom together.
Joe is riddle too: a youngest, an only and an oldest :)
Post a Comment