Yesterday, as we were going about our morning routines, Devon did his best to find something on TV that would please all of us, and he settled on the movie Evan Almighty. Some humor for the adults, some animals for the kids- a real crowd pleaser!
After a while, Devon went to the garage to workout, Lucy followed along to watch him (Remember? She is in love with him), Joe went to his room to play with Legos, and it was just me, Max, and my peanut butter and jelly bagel and a tall glass of cold milk.
I've seen this movie 3 or 4 times, and each time I watch it, it stirs up some emotion within me, and I've shed some tears over Evan. When I was younger, my mom would cry during sentimental episodes of Full House, like when Danny, Joey, and Uncle Jesse had to help DJ Tanner get ready for her first date because she didn't have a mommy to help her, or Growing Pains, like when Maggie Seaver gave birth Chrissy... and my brothers and I would just look at our mom, baffled at why she would be crying. She wasn't sad, she wasn't happy, she didn't know these people. But now I GET IT. I cry at crazy Steve Carrell costumed as a modern day Noah, obeying God's command to build an ark, and his family thinks he has lost his mind but they end up supporting him anyway, and then the whole neighborhood is saved from the flood as they ride the ark through Washington DC, and then the happy ending.... such a great movie!
Anyway, before I could change the channel and avoid the tears, it was the diner scene. I used my napkin to wipe my eyes, and later found jelly on the inner-bridge of my nose.
In this scene, Morgan Freeman (God) was Lauren Graham's (Evan's wife) server at a diner, and this is his message for her:
After a while, Devon went to the garage to workout, Lucy followed along to watch him (Remember? She is in love with him), Joe went to his room to play with Legos, and it was just me, Max, and my peanut butter and jelly bagel and a tall glass of cold milk.
I've seen this movie 3 or 4 times, and each time I watch it, it stirs up some emotion within me, and I've shed some tears over Evan. When I was younger, my mom would cry during sentimental episodes of Full House, like when Danny, Joey, and Uncle Jesse had to help DJ Tanner get ready for her first date because she didn't have a mommy to help her, or Growing Pains, like when Maggie Seaver gave birth Chrissy... and my brothers and I would just look at our mom, baffled at why she would be crying. She wasn't sad, she wasn't happy, she didn't know these people. But now I GET IT. I cry at crazy Steve Carrell costumed as a modern day Noah, obeying God's command to build an ark, and his family thinks he has lost his mind but they end up supporting him anyway, and then the whole neighborhood is saved from the flood as they ride the ark through Washington DC, and then the happy ending.... such a great movie!
Anyway, before I could change the channel and avoid the tears, it was the diner scene. I used my napkin to wipe my eyes, and later found jelly on the inner-bridge of my nose.
In this scene, Morgan Freeman (God) was Lauren Graham's (Evan's wife) server at a diner, and this is his message for her:
"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"
I love it! OPPORTUNTIES! Morgan Freeman does such a nice job of preaching it! Wanna see?
In other news...
Joseph's baseball team won their game! And Max ate dirt :)
I took this cute pic of Bubs at Devon's softball game-
'
And this goofy picture of Lucy-
The kids were excited to bowl and to wear their pajamas in the middle of the day :)
Lucy's bowling score was better than mine. No lie! She got very tired though, and ended up on the floor.
Over the past 5 years, the Pajama Bowl has raised over $250,000 for local programs that support foster kids! :)
It was a good weekend :)
6 comments:
hahahahaha....I LOVE that you have become so sentimental!!! See? I am not crazy :)also I wanted you to know that I am available for bowling lessons :)love you!
OMGSH! We are all awake and it's very late!!! Annie...we watched that movie all weekend!!! LOVE it so much!!! Your jammie pictures are tdf!!!!!! Weswie can bowl?!!! It doesn't surprise me...she can do flip turns like a champ!!!
I can! bowled 174 last time!!! who knew???
I too am happy to hear that your crying over "nothing!" :o) Now I don't feel so crazy either!! :o)
Bowling looks like it was super fun. Some charity work and family time, always a win-win!
And, I really, really, really like your quote about opportunities. It makes so much sense!
I've never seen Evan Almighty, I admit it looked super cheesy, but now, I think I'm going to give it a try. I better pack my tissue box!
Yes! Andrea, you must see this silly movie! It is full of giggles and life lessons, and keep some tissue handy, because it is just so sweet the way that it all works out... I'm worried that you are going to watch it and be like, "WHAT ABOUT THIS MAKES HER CRY?????" or maybe it will hit that emotion with you too!
Mama, you rock at bowling! I do need lessons!
I MUST see!!! Gosh knows I'll have plenty of down-time so thanks for the recommend.!
Love the pics of bowling in the jammies...you guys are too cute!
P.S. I cry "happy-cries" all the time! The first indication is a nostril flare and then it all goes downhill from there...something I too picked up from my mom! :)
Post a Comment