Today is Groundhog Day, and I often joke that everyday is like the movie Groundhog Day. I pick up the same toys, wash the same dishes, fold the same clothes, put away the same princess dresses... the life of a mother can be very routine.
I don't want to imply that a routine life is bad, because spending the days at home with the kids is a blessing, for sure, but sometimes I look around my house and wonder, "what can I do to mix things up around here?"
And then comes the adrenaline. Have I mentioned my adrenaline? My anxiety has taken the form of ADRENALINE! I clean. I clean and clean and clean. But, see, Max follows me from room to room, often fussing if he thinks that I am trying to ditch him, and often curious as to what I am going to pull out next- the broom? the vacuum? a toilet brush? The toilet brush gets him very excited, which is super gross. It is a daily battle to keep him from entering a bathroom because he can find the toilet brush in less than 3 seconds. ICK!
So, I decided that I needed to rearrange my furniture, but I couldn't wait for Devon to get home from work to help move the entertainment center, and fortunately adrenaline provides super strength, so I moved it by myself.
And then I decided that we need a different couch. So I posted my sofa on Craigslist, and the buyer is picking it up tonight, and I just learned that I can't get the new sofa until Saturday (Sorry Devon. Not ideal, I know).
And I am tired of our yellow walls, which is actually perfect because our new sofa will require new wall color (Sorry Devon).
By the way, our budget is 0. Zero.
What am I doing?!!!
Another side-effect of this crazy anxiety is that I keep losing weight, which sounds like a great problem to have, and I will absolutely not complain about it, not even once. But it is strange, don't you think?
My doctor doesn't seem to be concerned at all.
Max is asleep now, so I'd better do as much as I can before he wakes up! Maybe I'll take some before and after pictures of my house as I manically change everything. It could be a "big reveal" just like in the home improvement shows :)
Happy Groundhog Day!
7 comments:
You are a crack up!
I can just picture you buzzing around like a crazy woman with a baby on one hip and a tub of clorox wipes in the other!
Please don't kill me, but I have this funny visual of Magda (from There's Something About Mary) when she lifted up the sofa to vacum with one hand and was flying around the house in a cleaning frenzy :o)
Do you need a painting buddy? Because you know that I LOVE to paint!
And your navy blue couch? DANG! I would have bought it!! What's the new one going to look like?
Can you tell I am totally into the Rantz version of HGTV!? :o)
Yeah! Thanks for your enthusiam! We just watched There's Something About Mary, and I am totally Magda!
I DO need a painting buddy!!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!!!! Stay tuned for the next installment of Rantz HGTV :) Scary!
Ha!!! You are Magda without the wrinkly skin and saggy, ahem... :)I love the visual of an Annie cleaning frenzy! You should see me in my cleaning frenzy state, except I am Magda with the saggy, ahem, sans a bra!
And seriously, an entertainment center?! So you're skinny AND strong?! Whatever! :)
We rearranged bedroom furniture this weekend...it was delightful!! Maybe I'll do a reveal soon. And dying to know what color you want to paint your walls!
Oh dear, a week without a couch. Well, you have a nice recliner you can fight over....or better yet share. You look great Annie!
The visual of Max following you around, well, I have seen that and can just imagine him getting very frustrated when he can't keep up. I can't wait to see your new living room Friday when I come over for Joe's play.
OOOooo I am so excited!!! You sold your couch that fast??? WOW!!! You always have a great craigslist story, any winners this time? I can't wait to see the big reveal!!! I have moved furniture so many times with superhuman strength when I have been motivated for a change!! Dougie is always shocked and a little annoyed that I didn't just wait for him. :)
PAINTING PARTY at ANNIE'S!!!!!
PAINTING PARTY, for real!!!! I'll take all the help that I can get!!! Come one, come all!!!!!
I can't believe I missed the chance to say "Am I right, am I right, I am I right right right?!"
Happy Groundhog Day!!!
Post a Comment