We've been able to play at the park a couple of times, and Max totally loves the park, but I had to dig wood chips out of his mouth more times than I care to admit.
Lucy has entered into a new stage- she likes to dress herself. On this particular day, she chose a sundress, winter boots, a hoodie, and she couldn't decide between the sun visor and the baseball hat, so she wore both. This was a battle that I chose not to fight, so off we went to Target!
I am now officially 30 1/2 years old.
I've marked the 1/2 birthday with a new accessory.
Ignore the straps of my nursing bra and the pepper stuck between my teeth. Do you like my new glasses??
And, finally, Tom Sawyer.
Joseph was in his school's musical performance of Tom Sawyer last week, and
HE! WAS! AWESOME!
He auditioned for the part of Joe Taylor (which he thought would be perfect since his name is already Joe), and he got the role, and he was the best darn Joe Taylor that a Tom Sawyer audience had ever seen! He even signed an autograph after the show. We were so proud!
The show was clever and funny, and the crowd was completely entertained (except maybe for Max, who couldn't decide whether to watch the show, or grab the hair of the boy sitting to his right, or smile at the people sitting behind us, or turn left and try to pull a switch-a-roo with Lucy and sit on Daddy's lap, which makes a complete circle, like a rotisserie chicken).
These aren't the best pictures, but you can see Joe in the center of the photo.
And here he is talking to the Sheriff.
Joe even had a solo! He sang, "Some say money is an evil thing, but it still makes my poor heart sing! Every night I kneel to pray, Give me, Give me, Give me lots of money today!" Lucy has since sang the song everyday :)
We arrived early to get good seats.
As people filed in the doors, I couldn't help but think She is missing everything. "She" is Joe's birth mother, and she is missing out on his life. I leaned over to Devon and said, "You would think that a mother would want to be here. You would think that a mother would never miss this."
He said, "A mother would never miss this, and that is why YOU are here. You are his mom."
Yes, indeed I am :)
4 comments:
Oh Annie, you had me laughing all the way through...until I got to the end, then it just became sweetly serious! Devon saying that to you must have just filled your cup and made your heart soar! What a good, good man for both realizing and verbalizing that you ARE his mama- and one darn good one too!! I mean, look at the child, he clearly has confidence...enough to do a SOLO!!
Lucy and her attire cracked me up!! When my day comes, I'll also refuse to fight that battle; besides I think it makes things interesting and interesting is good! :)
And lastly, you look adorable in the glasses!! I have a pair quite similiar that I sport around the house...don't you just FEEL smarter wearing them?! I do! You pull them off perfectly!!
Diddo on the fun, casual, smiling entertainment of your blog until the end when my heart strings were tugged at and the tears welled up...yes, you are the best mom to Joe. I applaud you for your efforts, because Lord knows, it has not been easy!
Your glasses are super cute! (As are you!) You do look EXTRA intellegent!! Are they fakeys?!
We struggle with the dressing oneself issue as well. I've learned that if all of Elsie's clothes are a shade of pink or purple, or denim, she tends to not look so freaky...tends to being the key phrase!
Oh, and Max is getting so big! I love that he rides shotgun next to Lucy in the Costco cart like a big boy!
I want to see D-Love on the NEW couch!!
Love the cart with both kids and your new glasses. Lucy wearing that dress I gave her last spring! Still!! One of her faves I guess.
Annie, Joe was very happy to have his whole family there watching him perform. As I have said, you are his mom and he is so lucky to have you. A "real" mom would not have missed it. And she didn't. You were there.
I love your new glasses!! You look great:)
Post a Comment