We had such a wonderful time with the Blake Bunch while they were in town, and if I don't come up with a Tuesday Tip by the end of the day, consider my tip to be this: Get together with good friends and enjoy each other's company. It is good for the soul!
Lisa, Kennedy, and Maysyn arrived on Wednesday and were perfect guests. Lucy soaked up Kennedy's attention while Joseph was at school, and when the older two were off playing Webkinz or dressing up like pirates, Lucy was keeping a close eye on Maysyn, making sure that Maysyn knows who's bigger and to whom all of the toys belonged! Let me just say that Lucy is still learning about sharing and about "time outs." Lisa and I have agreed that Maysyn can bully and steal toys from Max, and then we will be even!
I loved having a girlfriend here to hang out with. Super Bowl Sunday actually marked the 10 year anniversary of when Lisa and I met, so it was an extra special week for her to visit. We met at a Super Bowl party, and I don't think that I ever watched one minute of that game because I was falling in love with three year old Tanner! He and I played together the whole time, and when it was time for Lisa and Tanner to leave, he informed his mom, "I don't love you, I love her!" He loved me!!! Lisa and I discovered that we were commuting to Sierra College on the same days, so our carpool was quickly arranged, and the rest is history! Now we both have growing families and wonderful husbands, and it is fun to look back on 10 years and see how far we have come!
Doug arrived on Friday, and he had never been to Seattle before. I gave him and Lisa a quick drive-through tour of the city (just in time for the Seattle episode of The Bachelor!), and I had to laugh at Lisa as she took pictures from the passenger seat of the car. This tour doesn't stop for photos!
It was really nice for me to observe Lisa's parenting skills in action. I often feel like Joseph misbehaves only because I am not his biological mom, as if his behavior is some kind of disapproval of my involvement in his life. Well, Lisa and I have had numerous conversations about parenting, and she is always a great resource and a great encouragement to me, but it really was good for me to see that Kennedy acts up too (though she is practically an angel 99.9% of the time)! It is a kid-thing, not a step-parent-thing! Lisa, I think that you are such a wonderful mom, and I really do learn a lot from you! Thank you! And I love your kids, and I really missed not seeing Tanner!
I am sad to say that my pictures can't compete with Lisa's, but here are a few that are different.
Doug made root beer floats, and don't they look fancy and delicious??




4 comments:
What a nice time and a nice shout out to the amazing Blake fam! That's pretty awesome that it's been 10 years! I never knew how you guys met so it was sweet to hear! :) I bet it feels like just the other day in so many ways. It's only until you look back at old photos and see the way you used to wear your hair or the way you used to dress, that you realize "oh, yeah, that was a long time ago!"
BTW, Sierra College brings people together! That's how I met Lisa!
Welcome back buddy! Nice blog and great update on the trip.
I have to admit, I got all teary eyed as you complimented Lisa on her parenting skills. What a nice thing to say! Especially because I'm sure at some point we all question if we are 'quality' parents. It's really nice to read and hear that your skills are being admired! WOO WOO LISA!!
Don't fret about the sharing thing with Lucy. Elsie was a terrible share-er until Brynn came along and we took it as our golden opportunity to teach the value of sharing. It was rough at first, but now snacks are shared, along with toys and hugs. Let Max be Lucy's guide into the sharing world ;o)
Now, I REALLY want to come visit!!
WOW! BEST POST ever Annie!!! :) Ha Ha I am soooo funny! Really though, I am so touched! Thank you so much for all of the parenting props! There are times when I feel like I am failing miserably, so that was awesome to hear. Yay for marking our decade together! I loved that we got to hang out for our ten year anniversary! The driving tour was the best and I forgot about the pictures that you had taken. SO cute! My favorite is of course you with your arms full of booze and belly!
Tanner missed you too! Okay my sick baby is crying so instead of trying for the fifth time to post a good comment I am going with this one! Looks like we are headed for the doctor's office!
Final diclaimer is that I have had 1 hour of sleep maybe so if this comment seems like it lacks "flow" that's because it probably does!
PS It's a good thing I turned down Harvard and Pepperdine's offers and went with Sierra College or I would have never met Sadina and Annie!!!
Oh yeah, and Annie forgot to mention that in addition to it being our ten year anniversary that it was also her half birthday and Justin Timberlake's birthday! We celebrated with those amazing root beer floats you saw!
Post a Comment