February 12, 2009

Happy 18th Birthday Molly!





My baby sister turned 18 years old today. Crazy! It makes me feel old... but it mostly makes me feel sentimental and proud. Molly is the most genuinely happy girl, and I am so excited to see what shape her life will take now that she is an adult! She is such a wonderful sister, sister-in-law, and aunt, and I am so blessed that she is my "Pookie"! I hope and pray that Lucy will be just like her Auntie Molly!



I dug out my old "Book of Lists" (it is kind of like a journal, but it is full of lists rather than journal entries) because I remembered that I wrote one for Molly on her 10th birthday.




2/12/01 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MOLLY

  • She says "I love you" more than once during every phone conversation
  • She is always happy to hear my voice when I call home
  • She wants to stay a kid forever
  • She is happy 99.9% of the time
  • When she plays with her dolls, she makes them talk to each other

  • She is convinced that I prayed her into existence
  • She loves having "sister moments" with me
  • I love her voice when she sings
  • She is sensitive and sentimental
  • She is a good listener
  • She plays restaurant, gives us menus, and makes us food

  • She is nice to me, Adam, and Seth, even when we aren't very nice to her
  • She makes "Welcome Home" signs for our bedroom door every time that I come home from college
  • She gets so excited when I take the time to paint her nails or do her hair
  • She loves Jesus
  • She skips, hops, and dances all the time
  • She is thoughtful--always making gifts and cards
  • She is smart




Molly, I love you so much, and I hope that your birthday was very special!


































5 comments:

Molly Andersson said...

sissy!!! i am balling!! that was the sweetest thing ive ever read!! i love you so much!! :) i am the way i am because of the people that love me :) thank you so much annie!!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Sheesh! There should have been a flood warning for this one! I am like Niagra Falls right now!!! Annie what an amazing post!! Molly truly is amazing and you have been such an awesome big sister! We are all better for knowing Molly! I can't believe she is all grown up! A woman?!

I love the picture of her sleeping with your babies! You Miller's sure have something special! Leslie should write a book! Best Mom and kids ever!

Gush Gush!!! Happy Birthday Molly! I can't wait to see what you do next!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

I'm totally crying too!
Annie, what a sweet, touching blog!
I've known Molly for a long time now and I completely agree with everything you said - she is wonderful and I can't even believe she's 18! WOW!

So, Molly, I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday and felt like a princess all day long.
Thanks too for the many welcome home signs (I shared with Annie on the trips home from college) and the best peanut butter milkshakes I have ever had!

comfy cozy said...

Such sweet sisterly love, Annie! That's awesome that you two are so close!

BTW, I noticed that Lisa, Andrea, and myself are all online at the same time!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I was just noticing that too! Hi blogging buddies!!