
I'd been warned. First, by my mother-in-law, then by my sister, and then my mom. They all warned me that once I began reading Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer, I would not want to stop. I'd fall in love with Edward, and my life would never be the same.
I stayed away as long as I could, but then one day a package from Amazon arrived at my door (thank you, Donna!), and there was Twilight, begging to be read.
It sucked me in! My love affair with Edward began almost immediately! I confessed to Devon that I was in love with a vampire (he didn't seem to mind), and I might have even told him that I wish he was a vampire (this did bother him a bit). The last page came too quickly, but the sequel New Moon was already waiting (thank you, mom!). I read the last page of New Moon, whined a bit because I didn't have book three, Eclipse, but would you believe that it came in the mail that very same day (thank you, Donna!)?? I was able to borrow book four, Breaking Dawn, from my friend Mary Beth, so I am ready to crack it open, but first I figured that I should use my blog to warn you, my dear friends.
Don't do it! Don't read the Twilight Saga! You will enjoy every line on every page of every book, but your house will fall apart, your laundry will pile up, your children will go unfed, your conversations with your husband will be cut short and half-hearted, your nights will be long and your mornings will be early. Your favorite tv shows will line up, unwatched, on your DVR (even The View! But not The Bachelor). You will want to believe in vampires and werewolves. You will dream of Edward (or at least wish that your husband was a vampire). You will not forgive yourself for not seeing the Twilight movie while it was in the theater, even though your sister begged you to go with her. And worst of all, YOUR BLOG WILL SUFFER.
Consider yourself warned!
Now, I must start reading Breaking Dawn-- I crave these pages like a vampire yearns for blood! (haha, okay, that may have been a bit much...)
6 comments:
LIES!! read it!! lol it does change your life!! lol. dont you just love edward?! i think im destined to mary him... and since you are already taken... he is mine!! :) anyways.. welcome to my world dear sister!! i love you so much and im so glad we share a love of these books! :) breaking dawn will blow your mind! enjoy!
I sent Breaking Dawn to you today. So since you already have one to read just save it for me. I bought them all once and then sold them and bought them all again. And read them again. So this time I am just keeping them. Rarely to I want to read a book again but I enjoyed reading these twice, every one. The movie comes out in DVD in March. It won't be as spectacular as the big screen but it is much better to see the movie after reading Twilight. Now you are ready to see all the following movies. Ah Edward, if only you were real.
You will play phone tag with friends for days at a time!
Save them all for me! I don't know how you get a chance to read with all the kiddos in your world! I am impressed! I have so many books that are just piling up that are must reads! Maybe when Maysyn goes to Kindergarten?
Sounds like they are great books enjoyed by all who read them! My problem is that I am suffering already from blogging and reading other people's blogs so I'm scared to add another addiction! :) Seriously, laundry piling up, bills to be paid, mail to be sorted, projects to be done, my list goes on and on. I'm thinking I need a week-long break from the computer but I'm addicted! And I have yet to watch any shows, including The Bachelor! :(
You're not to late to see it in a theater! It's playing at a the East Valley theater in Renton. Even better, it's only $3.00!!! We recently found this theater, and have been twice in a week. I mean, for $3 you can't beat it. And it isn't too sketchy. You'll have to check it out. Have fun reading. You won't have much time soon.
OK...are you STILL reading?
Your readers need an update!
Post a Comment