February 21, 2009

Belly & Booty & Mommy & Lucy


BELLY UPDATE




Well, folks, the belly is big. Getting bigger every day. Besides the emotional roller coaster that I am on, I am still feeling good, just becoming more uncomfortable and tired. I am now 30 weeks along, and baby Max is approximately 16 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). Less than 70 days until we meet our little man! When he moves, I can now identify his feet, his knees, his booty... I especially like his booty! I am hoping that he has Devon's booty :) Was that an over-share?






CALIFORNIA TRIP


Yes, this trip was two weeks ago... I am playing catch-up.

Since Lucy is now two years old, this was her first trip as a ticketed passenger. It kind of stinks that now we have to pay for her flights, but before her last b-day, she had flown at least 15 round trips for free!


We arrived on my dad's 51st birthday, and he decided that a visit from Lucy was his birthday gift (which is great because I hadn't bought a gift yet!). My brother Adam and sister-in-law Jill had us over for a special birthday dinner. It was so nice to visit with them and watch our girls play together. But we did miss Seth, Devon and Joseph. The family isn't quite complete without you boys!
















Molly was a Homecoming Princess, so she was very busy with Spirit Week activities, hair appointments, banquet set-up, etc... but we all rallied at her school to support her on the night of the Homecoming basketball game. Lisa was there for Molly too, despite her claustrophobia and early bedtime! Lisa, it was a true labor of love! The gym was uncomfortably packed, and we were there until 11pm!











I have to give a HUGE shout-out to my mom. She has been an active-duty mom for nearly 30 years-- she has taught me so much about being a parent and a wife, and she continues to be my source of support and knowledge when it comes to our shared career-- "Domestic Engineer". Well, all of this to say that as Molly has just turned 18 and is finishing her last year of high school, my mom's job of child-rearing is nearing completion. What an accomplishment! Mom, you've raised four children-- pat yourself on the back! Well done! So, you can imagine my amusement when my mom volunteered to work at Molly's homecoming banquet, and this is how she left the house:




We both were in tears, laughing uncontrollably, as she put on this hideous rental costume. Thirty years of parenting leads to this! This woman deserves a trophy!

As always, Lucy was an excellent travel companion. As we were waiting to board our plane to return home to our boys, a plane had arrived in Sacramento from Iraq. As all of the soldiers came off of the plane and walked through the terminal, everyone stood and clapped. We must have applauded the soldiers for 10 minutes or so, and it was an experience that I will not soon forget. People were giving the soldiers high-fives and telling them thank you. Lucy clapped too and waved to the uniformed men and women. I was crying, of course.


Here is my happy girl!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

By the time I finished reading this I had tears rolling down my face! What with the VERY sweet shout out and then the hilarious picture of me you threw in a patriotic soldier story!!!! I must say I am very happy that those brave men and women were given the welcome home that they truly deserved.
It was wonderful having you and Lu here for a few whirlwind days. Max is getting so big and you look wonderful :)

Just Me said...

I loved the soldier story. It reminded me of my flight to Kansas a couple summers ago when I got to sit next to a soldier who was going home. I felt honored to sit next to him in first class and it was announced on the plane that the soldiers were there and everyone clapped and then when they got off the plane there was clapping as you experienced. I will never forget it.
Lucy looked so cute in her own seat on the plane. I can't wait to see her and Joe.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Annie! What a great post! My favorite part of all my babies and hubby is the bootie! Over share or not I am going with it and I am glad you did too!

Okay you so don't look big enough to only hae 62 days left in this pregnancy! We want more more more details about your belly and what you are craving...really every detail please!

Molly's Homecoming was awesome and she looked amazing! Bad Lisa I have still not shared the photos that I took. I have some really cute ones! Yes that gym was hot and packed! I had to put my mind in my "happy place".

The shout out to your Mom has me weepy! I really think that the costume is adorable though and I am not kidding! The way you described it I was expecting something enitirely different. I think we have established that your Mom could wear the phone book and still look amazing!

The soldier story gave me chills! I saw just one when I was flying to visit you and I felt like applauding but no one else did so...you know maybe a few years ago I might have...lets just say I am a little more reserved :).

comfy cozy said...

First off, you're looking fab Annie! I agree with Lisa, more details are wanted by your readers! What is Lucy thinking thus far? Is Max really active? Pickles and icecream?

Secondly, I love the term "domestic engineer!" I think I may have to borrow that one. It sounds so professional and legitimate! It makes me feel like that's what I earned my Bachelor's in! Sweet tribute to your mama. 30 years is definitely an amazing feat! I think she qualifies to start her own blog and she can give all us rookies advice and tips! :)

So sweet about the military homecoming. Straight out of a movie. I think I would have shed a tear too!