I've been trying to write this post for 3 days! And here I sit again, committed to completing and publishing!
We got our first snow of the season, and we've been doing lots of bundling-up and snowball-throwing and snow-eating (Max's favorite part). We are currently on day 4 of snow.
| (pics from Day 1) |
And today (and yesterday, and the day before, and the day before), I am enjoying the feeling of being "snowed in." Our road is pretty icy- not sure if my minivan would behave. Plus, we don't have anywhere to go. So the kids are still in pajamas, we are watching Cars for the 12,736th time, and the floors are covered in toys. If only Dev was home to be snowed in with us (today he is home!)... and if only I could stop eating Lucy's birthday cake (the rest of the cake has been put in the freezer, ready for my next sugar binge)...
I have a new best friend. Her name is BFF. I know that I am a late arrival to the era of the smartphone, but just before Christmas I got a Droid Incredible 2 for FREE! at Best Buy with a 2-year renewal to my Verizon contract, and It. Is. Amazing. I really had no idea how a phone could be so much more than just a phone! It is a computer in my pocket, and I've noticed that I use my laptop less now that I can read emails and Facebook on my BFF. Plus, there is Words With Friends, which has totally enhanced my life. :)
Let's talk about The Bachelor. Who's watching? There are a couple of girls that I really like, namely Kacie B. and Emily, but there is one who just has to go home. Like, immediately. Courtney, the model. Ugh! She is totally evil, and poor Ben is twitterpated and blinded by her model-features. And if you didn't watch the rose ceremony Monday night, it just might have been the most dramatic rose ceremony ever. I can't quit this show. It sucks me in every time.
Lucy is sitting beside me right now, and she asked, "Mom, what are you writing on those pictures?" so I told her, and then she asked, "How can she be sour when she is so beautiful?" Oh dear. Then she asked, "Is she sour to everyone or just to you?" followed by, "Well, if you don't know her then why are you writing about her?" Okay, moving on...
There is a blog that I just started following, and I love this mama's writing. She is honest and funny, and I have even learned a thing or two from her already. The blog is Momastery, and I urge you to check her out, especially if you are a blog-aficionado like myself. I love the post titled "Don't Carpe Diem" and you really just have to read it to take it all in, but in short, it is about the pressure of trying to capture every single moment that we have with our children, since time moves so fast and they grow so quickly.
There, I finished this post. That wasn't so hard!
There, I finished this post. That wasn't so hard!

5 comments:
I was just reading about the snow...FUN!! It's cold here, but no rain or snow.
LOVE The Bachelor. I wrote a similar post yesterday;) I agree with your titles...I just couldn't remember anyone's name.
Toodles!!
We just finished this weeks Bachelor, with Ethan by our side (still up, NOT sleeping)! OMG, such good drama and crying and Shawntal!
Ethan kept asking, "what are all those girls saying, and why did the TV just beep?" Me, "Umm... they're saying bad words and we're not supposed to hear." E, "WHAT DID THEY SAY?" Yeah such good TV. Wish we could be just a bit closer to be house bound together.
Wish I could drive over there in a snowplow or something to play with you and the kids in the snow. Thank you for the pics so I can enjoy you all in a virtual way.
Ahhh the Bachelor. I agree completely on your picks, love Casey B and I also like Linsy from Bellevue.
BUT I was reading today or whenever that Courtney the camera obsessed shallow model used to date Jesse Metcaf, the hotty on Desperate Housewives and that she dumped him to go on the Bachelor.
SPOILER ALERT: Also Ryan Seacrest's spies saw her walking Ben's dog Scotty in the area recently. I do hope she was walking some other Jack Russel Terrier and not Ben's. Or that it just looked like her, maybe another brunette? Come on, Ben, you gotta be smarter than that! Can men really be this simple minded?
Just read Jesse Metcalf has been in a committed relationship with Santana's daughter and his relationship with Courtney was very short and she was using him to get famous he believed. So we cannot believe gossip. But it is so fun to read!
Oh Annie, no time to comment or watch the bachelor lately :(. I am dying to get caught up!!! Then I will share in the discussion!!!! Love your snow pics! We are enjoying your storm today! :) LOVE YA!!!!
Post a Comment