September 18, 2011

Slow-Down Sunday

Today I welcomed the dark clouds.  I decided that changing out of pajamas wasn't necessary.  And I didn't give any thought to the day's agenda.  Today is the first day of Operation: Slow Down. 

Now, I haven't exactly created the plan for Operation: Slow Down.  I don't have a specific idea of how I intend to slow down.  But I thought that spending the day doing a whole lotta nothin' was a good start. 

We've been so busy- and I'm sure that many of you can relate.  But now we are a few weeks into the new school year, and a few of the big events on our calendar have passed, and I'm ready to catch my breath and move into fall.  You know?

Over the past week, Devon and I had a date night out with friends, and I had a night out for the bachelorette party, and then Devon and I had another date night to his Employee Appreciation Party at the Maroon 5/Train concert, and then we went out again for the wedding rehearsal... 



and can you guess who the September MVP award goes to?  Grandma Donna!  She said that she earned her "Grandma stripes" during an especially dramatic Lucy tantrum, but, otherwise, her time with the kids is fun for all, and we super appreciate her willingness to help us when we need to be kid-free!



So, yesterday was Kelly and Bryan's wedding, and it was such a perfect day, full of love and good times.  Us ladies met early in the morning to get ready.  We ate breakfast, visited with each other, took turns getting our make-up and hair done, and celebrated with the bride.  From there, time moved in fast-forward, as special occasions usually do.  I can remember flashes of the day- like watching Kelly's mom fasten her pearls around Kelly's neck, and seeing my own groom in the crowd as I walked down the aisle, and laughing as each guest released a live butterfly from a small box at the end of the ceremony. 

Kelly was gorgeous- a radiant bride, and Bryan was a happy groom- all smiles.

I figured I'd leave the photo-taking to the professionals, but Devon managed to get some shots, so here is what I have to share-

Kelly and her parents

Me and Kelly's brother Brian

Lucy and her little friends trying to catch a butterfly

Joe caught one!

Me and my groom
The cake was topped by a bride and groom playing softball

Me, Maria and Carrie

My kids on the dance floor


Some fun details about the wedding-
* the wedding party walked down the aisle to "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars
* Kelly walked down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train
* tradition states that you whisper a secret wish to a butterfly before releasing it
* the recessional song was "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas
* the photographers brought a Studio on the Go, and the guests got to take home fun pictures like this-




Devon and I decided to uninvite Max to the wedding, and Grandma Donna kindly spent the afternoon/evening with him.  We figured that a wedding was no place for our crazy little destructo-boy.  But I've got to admit that I missed him after a long day away!

He is, after all, my Lover Boy :)

Back to Operation: Slow Down.  The activity in our house this morning looked like this-


I believe that they are explorers, but I could be wrong.  There were survival tools involved, as well as a large fort built in the living room.

And Devon was happy that he got to watch approximately 30 minutes of the Seahawks game before he had to head off to work.


And as for me, I spent the day taking it easy.

Day one was a success :)

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh, Annie, you were soooo beautiful at the wedding! The bride was very pretty too.

I took Sunday as a do nothing day also. Didn't leave the house except to walk Nikki dog.

Spending an afternoon and evening with Max was a joy. I offer my services anytime anywhere to play with scrumptious little Loverboy. We really had fun! There were nights when I was ready to sell the other kids :-) but for the most part we do fine and I love them all so much.

I love the dress you wore so now you and Devon will have to go out someplace fancy and wear it again. I'll stay with the crew. By the way, the pic of them all look like a motley crew of pirates maybe? Guessing here. Joe did a great job of duding them all up. Maybe we will see his name in the credits on a movie someday: Joseph Rantz, costume designer.

Just Me said...

Changed my mind about the Motley Crue....Maybe the king's knight meets the rebels.

Lisa Blake said...

WOWZA! You look so beautiful! Well steamin' hot more the words!!!! :)

We need to slow it down around here too!!! Sheesh it has been non stop craziness!!! I don't even have time for a marathon comment!

Love you!