September 2, 2011

I Tried It! Face Mask

So, Pinterest.  Love it.  It is like looking through a fabulous digital magazine and then cataloging everything that catches my eye.  When I "pin" something, I am usually thinking, "I should try this recipe," or "I should try this craft," or "I should try this hair-do" or "I should try to recreate this cute outfit".  See where I'm going with this?  The common theme is I should try.  Then it struck me that perhaps I will try! (Perhaps this will become a blog series, which is an idea that I stole from my dear sister, Molly).

I first decided to try a homemade face mask.  Back in the day, when I was employed and child-free, I loved beauty products. L-o-v-e-d.  Salon shampoos.  Scented body wash that paired with scented body lotion accented by- you guessed it- scented body spray.  I must have smelled much better than I do now!  And I used expensive face washes and moisturizers and masks...  oh, how I love a good face mask!  But with the emergence of budgets and children and such, my luxury purchases became a "want" rather than a "need", and thus I let them go.  Sigh.

Ok, now I'm sad.  And I'm off-track.

Anyway...

I decided to try this-

honey, cinnamon & nutmeg miracle mask
You can follow the link to the instructions if you'd like, but basically it was 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.



Always a multi-tasker, I decided to try this experiment while I was monitoring my little peeps in the tub.


I mixed my ingredients and felt the strong urge to spread my concoction on toast rather than on my face...


But, I went for it.  I used my little butter knife to spread the yumminess all over my face.  It felt warm, and obviously sticky, and rough.  I worked it in as best I could for exfoliating purposes.


Though the instructions say to let the mask sit for 30 minutes, I washed it off much sooner because it was kind of runny and because I had to get the kids out of the tub.  Best case scenario would have been to apply this mask at a time when I could kick my feet up and close my eyes for a half hour, which is never.  :)

I rinsed with warm water and a wash cloth and then washed my face twice with my daily cleanser.  I should have just planned to hop in the shower to rinse because I think it would have been easier and I could have insured that none would end up in my hairline (where it stuck around until the following afternoon).

End result-  me likey.  It felt good and it was free!  And as a bonus, the next morning while at Stroller Strides, I could smell cinnamon in the sweat that dripped down my face.  Kinda gross!  Kinda awesome!

There you have it!  I have officially tried something that I found on Pinterest.


4 comments:

Leslie said...

My name is Leslie and I am a pinterest addict. It is true and I LOVE it!!I have only been on it for 3 weeks but so far I have made many recipes....all delicious! And several craft projects including photos on canvas, coasters and jewelry! So many GREAT ideas!!! Will have to give your facemask a try! Love you!!! :)

Just Me said...

OK, I didn't even realize I could "pin" stuff on Pinterest so now I am going to go do it.
And try some of those yummy recipes...
The honey mixture face mask will go on toast :-) Sounds delicious!

Molly Andersson said...

hahaha i love you!! and the picture of you almost eating the mask!! i wanna know... did you taste it?? Your tub kiddos are super cute also! :)love you and soo glad you are trying pinterest now! :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

The very best part is that you mixed the mask in a kids food bowl with a kids knife...I have the very same dishes and silverware in my kitchen!

You're cute and probably smell like the season fall!