September 3, 2011

September 3rd

On this date in history...

1188- Richard I of England (a.k.a. Richard "the Lionheart") is crowned at Westminster.
1783- Treaty of Paris signed, ending the US Revolutionary War.
1833- NY Sun begins publishing (1st daily newspaper).
1895- Latrobe, PA is the site of the world's first professional football game, played today between the Latrobe YMCA and the Jeannette Athletic Club (Latrobe won the contest 12-0).
1935- Sir Malcolm Campbell reaches 304.331 miles per hour on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, becoming the first person to drive an automobile over 300 mph.
1939- World War II begins when France, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Australia declare war on Germany after the invasion of Poland, starting the Allies. 
1940- The first showing of high definition color TV.
1942- Ol' Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, begins his solo singing career.
1943- Invasion of Italy by Allied forces; Italy secretly signs armistice with the Allies.
1945- Japanese forces in the Philippines surrender to Allies.
1954- After nearly 3,000 episodes, The Lone Ranger ends 21-year legacy of radio drama.
1970- Green Bay Packers football coach Vince Lombardi dies in Washington DC.
1970- Devon Frederick Zeppelin Rantz was born in Seattle, Washington.
1971- Watergate team breaks into Daniel Ellsberg's doctor's office.
1977- Last broadcast of "Mary Tyler Moore Show" on NBC-TV.
1989- Chris Evert defeats 15-year-old Monica Seles for her 101st & last US Tennis Open singles victory.
1995- eBay founded.
2011- A happy 41st birthday to a husband, father, son and brother who is very, very loved!

Happy Birthday Devon!

1 day old
4 days old

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Awwwww cute pic's of brand new Devon! Of all the things that happened today my favorite is that today is his 41st birthday! I hope he is having a good day and you are so right...he is loved! :)

Just Me said...

Wow, I knew this was an important day because Devon was born on this date but so many important things happened. I'm sure Devon is proud to know that the first football game happened on this date in 1895. Very cool!
Love those pics of baby Devon who was smiling happily in his sleep (or passing some very good gas) at 4 days old :-)

Molly Andersson said...

what a sweet blog :) love Devon! he is the best brother in law ever! ;)

Wilson Girlzz said...

What a great list!
Happy Birthday D-Love!!

Lisa Blake said...

Awwww! What a sweet little bundle of joy!!!!! Does it make you want to snuggle him even more?! :)

You are so creative and clever ANNIE :)! I love your posts!!! My cookies issue has been resolved! I can now comment freely and frequently!!! I am so sorry for all my delayed lovin'!!!!!

The face mask blog had me laughing so hard!!! I think I will give it a try!!!!

Miss you! Lets skype later! I have a busy morning but this afternoon lets make it happen!

The Browns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Browns said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Devon!!