September 29, 2011

Good Day Sunshine

I have a new friend.  His name is Eli, and he is yummy.


He smells good, and he is soft, and at only 3 weeks old, he is quite a handsome little guy.

And you know what else makes him so special?  He shares a birthday with Devon.

And I wanted to keep him.


Eli has a big brother named Emmett, and Emmett is also quite lovable.


Want to know something special about Emmett?  He shares a birthday with Joe!

(I hope that someday MaryBeth has a baby born on my birthday!)

Max and Emmett, they go way back.

Check this out-

Max & Emmett, babies, age 1, age 2

It was so great to visit with MaryBeth and her boys,
and I really did want to keep that tiny new friend,
but I suppose that I've got my hands full with...


my own little man and his collection of Lightning McQueens.

I made him a road, and I used paper rather than the surface of my cedar chest.


And it was such a beautiful day yesterday that I insisted we leave McQueen(s) at home and go play outside with daddy and Lucy.

First we picked up some lunch and snacks.

Tiny shopping carts are pretty much the coolest things ever (though they make mama's shopping experience completely stressful- just imagine Max running into everything and everyone).


Back to the big slides-


And big rocks-


And big smiles-


And hopscotch too-


It was a pretty fantastic day.

And that little Eli sure did smell nice :)

6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Little Eli does look super loveable! Tell MaryBeth congratulatios for me :o)

I love your fun day and can totally sympathize with the tiny shopping cart stress...Brynn is a terrible driver too!

You sure do look cute! Love you!

Allison said...

I have yet to brave giving E his own shopping cart-he is such a destruction derby these days. I am sure that it would end up with broken glass and destroyed displays somewhere. One of these days though. I have to say that the park you go so is the coolest. Those slide look awesome. Maybe we can go there when we make it up there one day! Love you!

Lisa Blake said...

Yes a very yummy baby boy! You will always look good with a newborn! :)

I am so glad some fun in the sun was had by the Rantz clan! The slides do look like so much fun!!!!

Maysyn loves the shopping carts at Trader Joes! She fills it with the same stuff every time...animal crackers, bananas and apples, oh my!

Guess what? I love you too! Are ya feelin the love from your girls? :)

Katie said...

Wasn't Eli so YUMMY! I just wanted to keep him and cuddle him all afternoon, but back to reality and chauffeuring the kids around.

Grey saw Max's road and he wants to come play on the road too! Maybe next week. What a great idea for the looming rainy days.

Just Me said...

I am so happy to see my favorite family having fun together. I love you all so much!
Ok, on the little Yum. Don't get any ideas....

The Browns said...

Love me some cuddly babies!!

Also, very creative road map!! Sorry to see that none of that marker came out:(