August 19, 2011

Freedom!

When you read, "Freedom!" do you think of George Michael or William Wallace?  Just curious.  Either way, guess what!  I've got freedom!
Devon now has a car, which means that we are no longer a single-vehicle family.  It was fun while it lasted (sort of, but not really), but now I can drive my minivan to anywhere I want, whenever I want.
Freedom!  (I was thinking of George Michael that time).


The newest addition to our fleet is a VW Jetta that is nearly as old as Joe.  Uh-oh, two tweenagers in the household!  Lets hope that the car doesn't get all mouthy and need frequent attitude adjustments.  Not that Joe ever gets mouthy...  no, never (italics used here to convey sarcasm).  Anyway, moving on...
Devon gave his new little lady (yep, I've deemed the car a female) a good wash, and she looks pretty good.  And Dev looks super cute- I mean, super handsome and manly- behind the wheel.

Where did we go this week now that the kids and I have FREEDOM (that time it was William Wallace)?  Glad you asked.  One day we went swimming and picked berries at Merry's with our friends Katie, Jude, Ethan and Greyson.  Here are a few pics from that adventure-




Max picked rocks rather than berries and eventually just played with dirt that a mole had dug up.  Silly boy.  Merry baked us a pie with our pickings and it was delicious.

We've had a few consecutive days of blue skies and warm weather (high 70s), so the kids and I have made a couple of visits to Pine Lake.




Joe and his friend Dylan worked hard to catch a fish with Lucy's pink butterfly net and a sand bucket.  They were so proud of their (tiny) catch!

What else did we do?  I went to Costco on a moment's notice, because that is what you can do when you have a car.  Joe and I went to his school and turned in all of the paperwork needed for 7th grade.  He got his books, locker assignment, etc. and took his school picture.  School will be back in session soon!

I've gone to Stroller Strides everyday this week, which is more than I usually go, but, heck, I've got wheels now and my new freedom inspired me to take advantage of the workouts.  I'm sore... everywhere :) 

I feel like I'm rejoining the human race with my restored freedom.  Who would have thought that my minivan could make me feel so alive?!


6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray for FREEDOM! I remember the days of being a single car family. It was really hard--and we didn't have any kids yet! I'm glad that the Jetta has joined the fam. Speaking of freedom, we need to play! Now that you have your own wheels again, what should we do? When should we do it? :)

Just Me said...

Love the fish, looks like maybe a baby trout? Maybe too speckled for a trout. Anyway, good job, Joe. I hope you let it go. I used to catch tadpoles and wait for the ones that lived to be frogs and then let them go. (most didn't make it to frog).

I loved watching Devon with his "new" car. So glad you are a two car family again!

Wilson Girlzz said...

"Freedom...I won't let you down, I will not give you up..."

HORRAY!
Such exciting news!

You could even drive and visit me at a moments notice :o)

Enjoy and thanks for the motivation to work out. You're a rock star!

Just Me said...

I forgot to say that FREEDOM makes me think of Patrick Henry. "Give me liberty or give me death." Well, we don't have to worry about the latter now :-)

Lisa Blake said...

I'M FREE!!! I'M SAiiLLING! What about Bob! :)

I am so so so happy for you!!! No more late night round trips to pick up Dev!

Love Dev's new girl!

Pine Lake is as fabulous looking as ever!!! It is so beautiful!!! I love all of your pictures so much!!!! Your kids look like they are making some great Summer memories! Check it off the list!!!!

Only problem with this post...is that we didn't get to see you at all! I always like to see my Annie! :)

Molly Andersson said...

you have such an amazing voice when you write!! It is like you are sitting next to me and I can hear every inflection of your voice! it rocks!! anyways I'm happy for you and your new freedom and I love Dev's car! oh and when I saw freedom I was singing in my head the Aretha Franklin song!! I was putting some Soul into your freedom :) ok! love you!