This afternoon, while Max was napping and Joe was hanging out with friends, Lucy and I cuddled up on the couch with coloring books and a fresh new box of crayons. (My options were to color or to play Barbies. Easy choice.)
Skip ahead 30 minutes. You won't believe what Max did.
He found the crayons (right where I left them, on the couch) and drew on our sofa! With crayons! In four different colors!
I was on the phone with Andrea at the time, trying not to lose my cool, trying not to panic that my 2 year old is ruining all of my worldly possessions one at a time. She asked, "Does he know he's in trouble or does he think he's pretty darn cute?" Check out the picture. You tell me.
Adorable. I quickly Googled "crayon removal upholstery". I found several step-by-step instructions for removing the masterpiece, but I was in no mood to read. I needed to take action. So I grabbed my bottle of Goof Off and tested a little spot of green. It worked! Whew! I spent the next 20 minutes rubbing with an old burp cloth- funny how those things come in handy long after the spit-up phase ends.
Max kept asking, "Mommy, what you doing?"
I told him, "I can't talk Max. I'm cleaning up your mess. No drawing on the furniture! Paper only!!"
"Okay, Mommy. Sowwy, Mommy."
And then we kissed and made up. Like this-
I wish this was a paid advertisement for Goof Off, because I totally believe in this product. It has now cleaned nail polish off of my carpet and crayon off my sofa. I give it my stamp of approval!


6 comments:
Oooh, I went through the same thing last week! The worst. For me it was a felt-tip marker (that I had JUST taken away from her and she saw where I hid it). Lucky for her, baby wipes work on microsuede. Stinkers!!!
P.S. It's a good thing they're so cute and sweet :)
HORRAY for Goof Off!!
You played your cool on the phone SO well!
Now that I see the crayon disaster, you totally had reason to react way worse than you did!
I like your braids - they are very cute and Swedish, I think you need a cute apron with rick rack around the edges to wear with your braids while you are baking apple strudel :o)
Ditto on the braids and especially the apple strudel.
Very cute, Annie. His pic of being caught in the act is sorta like he thinks he's cute but he's not sure you agree. How funny! Hurray for Goof Off! Nature's Miracle works so well for my dog mistakes, wonder if Goof Off works on that too. Will have to check it out!
Love your new blog banner!
He is so darn cute!! even when he draws on the couch.. which be only max wld be able to make a crayon write on the couch! haha! and hooray for goof off!! :) maybe they wld like to sponsor your blog? love and miss you!
I have seen this post about 5 times already and you wouldn't know it because I couldnt comment! :( Oh well, just know that I am reading!
You are too cute with your braids and Max does make a very adorable couch artist!! SOOO glad that the goof off came through for you!!!
Post a Comment