- Today is my birthday and
- it was a sunny day!
- I got to sleep in a little later than usual,
- and then Devon woke me up with the delivery of coffee, biscotti, my cell phone, and Paddy (the iPad) pulled up to my Facebook account so that I could read my early morning birthday messages.
- I looked at the clock and said, "Thanks for bringing my phone- my mom will be calling at exactly 9:03am." And she did! A mother never forgets the exact hour and minute that she meets her baby for the first time!
- Devon and I threw on some workout clothes, put the little people in the stroller, and headed out for a quick workout. We got a good sweat and soaked up some sunshine, and then returned home because
- I had to get ready to go shopping with Merry!
- I got all dressed up and even
- shaved my legs!
- Merry arrived in her hot new car that she has named "Gus" but I call "Sexy Beast"
- and off we went for some birthday fun!
- We drooled over the shoes at Nordstrom before
- I sat down to get new make-up. I was feeling fresh-faced and frisky! Then
- Merry said that my handbag from Target was "dank" and she suggested that I replace it immediately with the nicest handbag I've ever
caressedsmelledhuggedseen. I felt like Cinderella, being transformed from a run-down mama into a birthday princess! - The Cheesecake Factory was my choice for lunch,
- and the weather was so nice that we sat at a table outside.
- We enjoyed the yummiest Peach Bellinis.
- And then we enjoyed another round of Peach Bellinis.
- And Merry said that I made her happy by eating some protein (she says I don't get enough protein).
- We returned home and were greeted at the door by the smiling faces of Joe, Lucy and Max.
- Devon had an ice cream cake ready to go, and
- the kids, Devon, Grandma Donna, and Aunt Merry sang "Happy Birthday" to me.
- I blew out the candles and pretended to make a wish, but I couldn't think of a single thing to wish for- my heart is full!
- I opened cards and gifts, and Joe was especially excited for me to opened his gift (which he purchased while visiting his bio. mom, which means that she paid for it, which means that Devon's ex-wife bought me a birthday gift!).
- The party didn't stop there folks! Grandma Donna kindly stayed with the kiddos so that Devon and I could eat out at Cactus- one of our favorite spots.
- Downtown Kirkland was a happening place tonight! We sat outside to take in the scene, and
- when I ordered a coco mojito, I was carded! Sweet!
- And would you believe that I had a celebrity sighting? Chantal from The Bachelor was also at Cactus! She is so beautiful in person, and I really wanted to take a picture with her because I thought it would be a fabulous addition to this blog post... but I chickened out. BUT I definitely made eye contact with her, and so did Devon, in a creepy we-are-trying-to-not-be-obvious-while-we-get-a-good-look-at-you kind of way.
- Devon and I strolled around Kirkland and walked down to the water, and I was so grateful for such a beautiful day-turned-evening, and so grateful for my family and friends, and so grateful for all of the kind birthday wishes, and so grateful for that coco mojito...
- We returned home and put the kids to bed, and now
- I'm going to watch the finale of The Bachelorette (I want her to pick Ben but I think she is going to choose JP!), and
- eat another slice of birthday cake!
32 is off to a great start!
![]() |
| birthday card from my mom and dad :) |


11 comments:
happy birthday my beautiful wonderful sister!! :) you deserved a fabulous day and I'm so glad you got one!! :) I love you and am thankful for the 20 years I have gotten to be apart of your 32 :) Love you!!
a little embarrassed I got you such a skanky card, but it was so funny and I knew you would like it. So happy you had such a good birthday and so sad I couldn't be there. Love you soooo much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Ooops! That was mom, not Molly, tht did the 2nd (and now the 3rd!) comment. : )
What a great list! AND what a great card! I laughed out loud when I read it!!
I'm so happy you were spoiled and had such a great day - you deserve it all!!
Cheers with a coco mojito (sounds delish...I think we need to go out and get one together!) to 32!
Hurray for you!! Such a well deserved day:) I'm dying to see a pic of the new bag. Those drinks sound delicious...haven't had an adult bev. in close to 4 years!!!
Love the card, too funny.
Happy Birthday, dear friend!
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Hooray for bring birthday back!!!! Get it? :) Way to go Dev...Dougie are you taking notes? :) SO happy that you had such a perfect day!!!! It just sounds perfect!!!!! All of it!
You look beautiful!!!!! My only disappointment is the lack of celebrity siting photo! I am sure she would have obliged it being your bday and all!!! :)))
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! Here is to the best year yet!!!!
So glad I got to be part of your celebration this year! So glad you got spoiled, you deserve it!
If you need a kid watcher this week to celebrate further just let me know.
I am disappointed to not see the Celeb shot also. What's up? You get you and Justin, you and a local sports celeb but not Chantal, a mere Bachelorette? :-)
Oh, and I love the card, so funny! Good job, Leslie!
What a great birthday! And a fun way to write about it. I lover your blog. :)
Cheers!!!!
Post a Comment