Tonight Devon is at the Mayhem Festival. "What is the Mayhem Festival?" you ask? Well, it is a touring festival of hard rock/heavy metal bands. Yep. Mayhem. I'm usually pretty grumpy about Devon staying out late doing fun stuff without me, but considering that 1) he really, really, really wanted to go, and 2) I equally did not want to go, I gave him my blessing to go head bang to his heart's content. I must remember that my sweet, preppy husband used to look like this-
Gosh this picture makes me happy! I know, I know, I've used it before. But it begs to be shown again!
So, here I sit alone.
Last week I saw a mouse in our garage, and the stupid little rodent is haunting my thoughts. Devon set traps and we haven't caught anything yet, so maybe the mouse took a hike on his own (Yes? Yes? Tell me yes!), but every night I begin to hear noises that I think might be from the mouse in the bathroom, or the mouse in the kitchen, or the mouse under the sofa... Devon is only slightly annoyed by my paranoia. But I hate mice. Eek! Yuck!
I bought myself a treat today- an US Weekly magazine. I'm about to dig into the Hollywood gossip. The cover reads that Justin and Jessica are dating again. And the cover image is of Kate and William's royal visit to the States. "Kate brought 40 outfits!" And it looks like Emily Maynard wants to be the next Bachelorette. Anyone still watching The Bachelorette? It is down to the final four bachelors, and I like all of them. I've lost faith in this reality show as being a viable way to find a spouse, considering the show's success rate, but I find it largely entertaining regardless. I get so excited to watch "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever!" each week.
Oh, and I can't even talk about what is going to happen on Friday night. The final episode of Friday Night Lights. Tears are guaranteed. Why do the best shows have to end?
Hmmm, what else can I write about? My sassy girl wore jeans on Sunday and I took a picture to document the rare occasion. Lucy usually only wears dresses, so it was nice to see her looking cute in her blue jeans. And girlfriend knows how to strike a pose!
Lucy's ballet class started learning to tap dance last week, so Lu got a shiny new pair of tap shoes. She wore them in the house for 3 full days until we finally said ENOUGH! But not before Max got in on the fun. This is what they looked like as Devon and I were getting ready to go on a date and leave the kids home with Grandma Donna-
They were so pleased with the level of noise that they were producing as they stomped around the kitchen. Too loud! We made Max take the shoes off before we said goodbye, and Grandma was grateful that the noise had at least been reduced by half!
Must go read my magazine now...
Please give me some predictions of who Bachelorette Ashley will choose!

2 comments:
Oh, Annie, these are the cutest pics EVER! Lucy does indeed know how to strike a pose. I suggest you lock her up for the next 30 yrs or so cause this one is going to be gorgeously trouble! Ha!
Yes, I admit I am still watching the Bachelorette and blessedly we did not hear the B word this week even once! I seriously think I would have screamed if she had said his name.
My faves are Ben and JP and I think Ben has moved to the forefront this week.
I have to comment on Devon's pic and his Mayhem night: Devon, you coulda took your mom :-)
I too love love love this Rod Stewart "do."
Post a Comment