Lucy: Mom, when is it summer?
Me: I don't know, Baby. I don't know.
I wish I had something interesting to share, but I don't. Life is pretty hum-drum right now. I've tried to blog several times, but I am uninspired. I am bleh. And when I feel bleh, this is what you get-
- The weather sucks. Haven't seen the sun in days. It is cold outside. The clouds are dark. Waaaaa!
- Having only one car stinks like armpits and poo (one of our favorite sayings, it means no likey). Devon drives to work and the kids and I stay home all. day. long. Emphasis on "long".
- The long days are killing me. I personally love it when it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon. If the sky is going to be dark and cloudy anyway, I wish the sunlight would just take a hike. Night time equals bedtime, bedtime equals mommy's break time, mommy's break time equals sanity. Sanity is at an all time low!
- Being cooped up in the house results in a scavenger hunt of sorts through our cupboards, so I've been baking a bit. And I've been eating a bit. Word of advice- never step on a scale at the end of the day- it does not result in a happy number. Devon properly scolded me, "Never go near a scale at the end of the day! Only in the morning! After a workout! After going to the bathroom! Never at the end of the day!" Okay! Okay! Lesson learned!
- My favorite jeans are suuuper tight. Jeans in July??? Yup.
- The weather is so bad that I brought out a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle last Saturday. Isn't a puzzle the ultimate "stay inside and be cozy" activity? No one wants to help (except Max, who just throws the pieces across the room). This puzzle is really tough, and I'm pretty sure that it was created by El Diablo himself. I average 1 connected piece every 30 minutes. At this rate, I should be done in approximately 500 hours. At least I feel like a genius when I connect a piece.
- My television options are limited, so I've been watching past episodes of Intervention. Emotionally draining and not really a warm and fuzzy feeling type of show. But a good show nonetheless.
- I've been throwing back liquid Vitamin D like it is Jagermeister and I'm 23. I'm just kidding. No I'm not.
- My kids boss me around all day. I feel like their servant. I wish I had a servant too. I'm just kidding. No I'm not.
- I received 5 mysterious spam comments on this blog yesterday. One of them read, "thank you for your information." Another said, "I love your children." Creepy!
- We still haven't caught the mouse in the garage. We are using both peanut butter and cheese as bait (I voted for cheese, Devon voted for peanut butter, so it is kind of a contest to see who wins). I think the little guy interpreted my high pitched scream as a sure sign that he was not welcome and that his death was imminent. So maybe he is gone. But my paranoia hasn't waned at all. I've cleaned all the kitchen cupboards, under the fridge and behind the washer/dryer looking for evidence of unwanted house guests (ie. poo), but I've found nothing.
- Justin Timberlake has been on the media circuit promoting Friends With Benefits, and I am finding him to be- dare I say it??- annoying. I know! I know! I can't believe I said it either! What is this world coming to?!
Geesh I'm fussy! I sound like Lucy at the end of the day. Or Joe in the afternoon. Or Max in the morning. Fuss fuss fuss! I'm praying for sunshine, people! Sunshine! Mama needs sunshine!
So there you have it. Whatcha' got for me, dear reader? Can you empathize? Make me laugh? Inspire me? Tell me that your favorite jeans don't fit you either? Reprimand me for complaining about the weather when life could be so much worse? Send me spam? Tell me that you've always found JT to be annoying? Give it to me straight! I can take it!
Disclaimer: While my mood is definitely cranky, my overall happiness is solid and my perspective is healthy. Promise. I'm just grumpy. Blame Seasonal Affective Disorder. In July. Waaaaaa!
7 comments:
I too am in my jeans, and wearing long sleeves, although today was nice. I went to see Harry Potter and movies are always over air-conditioned so I went prepared.
Re weighing: I only weigh in the morning, naked, after I pee and before I eat or drink. That's why I always weight at least 5 lbs more at the doc's office. I like my number much better, and I will live and die by it :-)
LOL!!! 1st, I think u r HILARIOUS:) I was cracking up reading this.
2nd, my favorite jeans r so small that i don't think my toes will evenn fit into them. I hate my scale too! This supreme 90 doesnt seem to be producing the instant results I'd hoped for:(
3rd, i hate to say it, but JT was hideous in Bad Teacher! He sort of gives me the creeps:( On a side note, I've been meaning to tell u that I had a dream that i was a teen again and he was my boyfriend!! How random is that?
4th, I saw Nick from the pinder bros old band. Looks exactly the same with a cute little wife and 2 little girls. He drives a volvo suv!
5th, i luv u, i luv u, i luv u!!! Call me any time.
I love that you make me laugh out loud and due to my current pregnant state that is kind of awesome and mean at the same time cause I CANNOT control my bladder! I HATE HATE HATE this weather I only have a few weeks left with the girls I nanny for and we have yet to finish our top ten list cause the weather is so crummy. I will help you with the puzzle I love puzzles (but not in the summer and the girls and I have already done 2 but only a 500 peicer) And I am pretty sure my jeans won't even come close to fitting me ever again due to the ridiculous amount of brownies with marshmallow and frosting I have been eating.
Let's let the kiddos play soon!
Annie....Its Kristy I think I found a way to comment but I will always announce my self as I have to use the anonymous option. First of all I LOVE how honest you are it makes me feel so normal. I have been in a funk too...a mommy funk...a stuck in the house cause it's too hot to go out with baby funk....but the baby won't let me put him down for more than 2 seconds and he won't nap at all during the day funk....a my house is out of control funk...a why doesn't my 4 year old listen to me funk...a wtf? why can't I loose this last lbs of baby weight funk....a why are my boobs down there and not up here funk..a I AM SO OVER breastfeeding funk..I am so with you! I sympathize. Move here. we can be fussy and funky in close proximity =) I love having this fuss session by the way. Like you said so well I have a general happiness and I wouldn't trade my life but there are some details I wish I could airbrush into a prettier softer version of itself....can photoshop do that? LISA? hehehe.
I.
LOVE.
YOU.
Jaeger and Vitamin D all in one sentence...only you can pull that off.
I'll come back with something brilliant to tell you about...or at least I'll try.
Here's my weather waaaa - I have had to use the seat heaters EVERY day and ALL day this week when driving. Un-Awesome.
But the girl can blog right??? I mean really, really, blog!!! :) You are so funny!!!! Sincerely killing me and I haven't even had coffee yet because it's before 7 a.m. and we are out. DOug just ran to to the store and I am cuddled up with your musings!!! Haha, did I just say musings?? I know you are happy and a hopeful girl, but my sympathy runs deep for the lack of Summer that has come your way and the subsequent puzzle that has emerged! JT is ANNOYING and I think it's because he is a hoochie! I was a fan until recently. I really was. I thought he was charming and now I find him a bit creepy. Henry is starting to cry...so nothing inspirational just yet!! :) Maybe I wil join Andrea and come back soon with something good!!! PS, my favorite jeans and I are currently not enjoying our long distance relationship and Devon is right NEVER EVER in the AFTERNOON! EVER!
LOve you!
It's so funny that you are in a weather funk, because I am too, but on the opposite end of the spectrum! It is SOOOOO HOT outside we have to stay inside with the blinds closed so that it keeps our AC bill down. When I am not out making my sales calls and sweating profusely (butt sweat and all-yep-the kind that soaks through all layers of clothing), I am sitting in my dark cave of a house hating the sun. This might sound weird but our community pool is actually too hot to swim in. They are throwing in blocks of ice to add more water and to cool it down! I wish that we could combine our two weather problems (105 degrees in a drought with 80% humidity and 60 degrees/cloudy with rain)-that would be perfect.
As for JT, I find that he has not changed on my radar at all. I have always liked him, not too much but not too little either. I did not see him in Bad Teacher though-maybe once I have seen it, I will change my mind though.
I worked on puzzles my last month of pregnancy with Everett-I can not even fathom attempting one with E now! I hope it goes well for you. As for the mouse problem-get some "Kibbles-n-Bits" dog food. I kid you not-rodents love the stuff. My dad used to set it out in our garage when we were little to catch any rodents or when our pet hamster would escape! It worked every time!
I will end with this..."The sun will come out, TOMORROW!" Or at least I hope it does! Love you!
Post a Comment