July 23, 2011

Happy Days

Since my last post was such a crabby crabfest, I thought I'd mix it up and share the stuff that is making me happy. 
By the way, I completely enjoyed all of the comments on "Fussy Mama".  Y'all rock my world!


Oh, hello blue sky!  Won't you stay a while?  Please?


While I'm barking at my kids, breaking up wrestling matches, and huffin' and puffin' while I clean up toys for the 1,000th time, I often look up and see this gift from Lisa, and it makes me smile, and it makes me wonder, "Who is that family? The parents look to be calm and in control, and the kids look to be obedient and kind to each other."  I love it.  Big time.



A trip to the car wash by myself.  Alone.  Without anyone.  Alone.  I am never alone!  I'll call it a twofer.  Two happy treats for the price of one.  A clean car and a few moments of solitude.



Check out who is not on the back of the minivan.  See ya later, Bugs!
(I might hang it from a necklace chain and gift it to Devon.  He could use a little flair!  Or I might turn it into a magnet for the fridge.  Either way, we are keeping Bugs as a reminder of God's constant provision!). 


Hey look!  They are out of the house!



Taco Bell for dinner = Mother of the Year



Devon's fan club



Perhaps the silliest picture I've ever taken



His softball team didn't win the championship, but he did get a t-shirt for 2nd place



A little game of tee ball in the driveway



Lucy and Grandma Donna cover the outfield



Our latest trend is "date day" instead of "date night".  We tend to run errands, but at least we are together and free of the little people.


And there you have it!
Happy days are here again!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to hear it!! Your pictures made me smile :) Also, I have to say that I really love the sweater you are wearing in the fan club pic! Love you:)

Just Me said...

Love the weather here now too! What a joy to play outside with the babes! I love your hair in the last pic of you and Dev. We want more nice days, more, more, more! Hurry, before it is fall and too late!! (that one was worth two exclamation points :-)

Katie said...

Love the "Stink-eye" pic! That boy makes me chuckle! And I'm glad the sun is shining and we can all get out of the house. Next up, Best Friends Day?!? Ethan was disappointed that Tangled didn't make it out of her box today to play. What do you think Daniel would have thought of that? HA! Love ya, lady!

The Browns said...

luv u! glad ur feeling better:)

Anonymous said...

Why does Henry only let me read and never comment! I will be back! :)

Molly Andersson said...

aww i LOVE this post!! the picture of max still has me laughing!!! :) I miss you all and I'm so glad you got some sunshine and hubby time!! :) love you!

Wilson Girlzz said...

The carwash picture cracks me up...it must have been some VERY special and MUCH needed alone time!!

I like your happy post - it's good to remember the good things in life :o)

Anonymous said...

My commenting has been really lame lately! SORRY!!!

You look beautiful and I love the car wash story too!!!

I of course LOVE the calm cool and collected family in the picture!!!! :)

I MISS YOU! Sorry for all the phone tag! We need a =nother skype sesh! :)