That is the phrase that pays 'round here.
Lucy says it over and over, throwing her head back in fits of laughter. Max follows her lead, laughing as if it is the funniest thing he has ever heard.
Guess what chicken butt! hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
And then I get annoyed and say Okay, Lucy, that is enough.
And Joe stays suspiciously quiet. I'm pretty sure that he is the guilty party who taught this silly rhyme to Lucy.
Anyway, guess what.
It is spring break, and we've been busy doing fun stuff to fill the time.
Today we ventured down to the Point Defiance Zoo with my friend (Devon's cousin) Sarah and her kids Ainsley and Liam. We brought along Joe's friend Dylan for a grand total of 6 kids and 2 mamas. We had a really great time, and my personal favorite part of the day was the shark exhibit- the sharks were huge and amazing (and freakin' scary!).
Joe has pretty much had non-stop hang-out time with some of his favorite friends, including a couple of sleepovers, and he even got to go on a little "man date" with Devon to see the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. I am making sure that he really enjoys this week off from school because we are now approaching the final 2 months of the school year and he is going to have to give his best effort to balance baseball and school and wrap it all up in June and then he can take a deep breath and he will be our big 7th grader!!! Whoa! He had an orthodontist appointment yesterday, and he no longer has to wear his retainer! I'm not sure who was more excited about this news, me or him. I can now cross off Joe might lose his retainer from my list of things to worry about each day. :)
I got a chance to go out with some girlfriends last night, which is always good for the soul, you know?? It is so nice to laugh and cry and cover every conversation topic possible before we realize that we are tired mamas who are out past bedtime.
So, overall, we are all having a pretty great week.
Although, would you believe that it is snowing here right now??? Spring break just isn't what it used to be!
Devon and I do have something special planned for the next couple of days, but we are being vague and non-committal when we talk to the kids about our plan. They (Joe and Lu) pretty much have it figured out, but it is still fun for us to say I don't know what we are going to do! I guess you'll have to wait and see! Max isn't really in on the fun of the "mystery plan". He just wakes up everyday and asks, "Merry's house?"Hopefully our plan will be a great adventure for all, and I'll be sure to report back!
It is time for me to press the "publish post" button and then cuddle up next to Devon. Survivor is waiting on our DVR, and my husband is waiting patiently to press play!
Chicken butt!






4 comments:
I am so happy to hear you are all so happy! A great week indeed, and it isn't over yet. More to come and it really sounds fun from what I heard of it.
Joe, you look so happy to get your retainers gone gone gone! I am very happy for you. Finally! And you look so handsome. It was worth it.
As usual I love the pics. Soon I will be on your side of the lake and will be able to see you more often.
Sounds like you are all having a blast:) You're such a great momma!! I'm dying to know what your secret plans are...I hope you have a great time.
PS
A Lady's Night sounds SOOOOO good. I desperately need one:(
Potty talk jokes are *always* funny right? Butt gets a pretty good laugh at our house too...booty crack seems to be the big winner these days...OMG!
Your Spring Break efforts are impressive. I'm jealous you got to go to a zoo - I love a good zoo visit. And, sharks? Very cool.
Girls night out pictures are adorable - you have the nicest friends and I'll try not to be too jealous...I WILL TRY VERY HARD :o)
I just have to add that I just LOVE the pic of the 5 kids walking along with Joe in the middle. It is just perfect! You ARE a good photographer!
Post a Comment