April 9, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge!

On Thursday morning, Devon and I told the kids, "Get your swimsuits and your pajamas- we are going to the Great Wolf Lodge!"

The Great Wolf Lodge is a hotel/water park that is just over an hour away from where we live.  We've never been there before, so we weren't sure what to expect, but I'm happy to report that our overnight adventure was a complete success!

The water park is indoors and is kept nice and warm around 86 degrees, which was such a treat since spring is running late in the Pacific Northwest!  Joe and Lucy got into the water and down the slides as fast as they could, but Max took a bit longer to adjust to the random splashes and sprays.  At first, he was a bit of a party pooper. 

Our party pooper is actually, um, pooping.  Too much info?

I didn't take many pictures in the water park- I was too busy (and wet) for much picture taking!

The hotel is really nice and lodge-y.  It is more like a giant slumber-party than a hotel- why stay in your room when there is so much to do in the lodge?  Families were hanging out in their jammies, eating ice cream, playing in the arcade...  good old fashioned family fun!

There is a scavenger hunt-type game called MagiQuest that Joe played with a special wand that we bought for him (the wands are all the rage), so he was running all over the first 5 floors of the hotel, and Lucy would follow behind with her own wand, pointing it at pictures on the wall or statues or treasure chests, all of which would somehow respond to her magic wand. 


Instead of a wand, we saved a few bucks and bought Max this colorful substitute, and we had him fooled for a little while!  But once he realized that his wand was yummy, his wizard days were over.

I was really hoping for a great updated family photo.  After several attempts, here are a couple of the better ones, plus a silly one where we pretend to be asleep but Max wouldn't cooperate so we only got his foot in the shot!
Oh well.  We tried!




We are already looking forward to our next visit to the Great Wolf Lodge!
We were a bit sad to leave (some of us more than others!).

7 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh, I was waiting to hear how your GWL trip went. Sounds like much fun and a good place to return to.
Max really can work the sad face, can't he! Poooooorrrr Maxy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! What an amazing and fun adventure!!! I didn't know it was going to be a sleepover!!!! WOW!!! Truly looks like an incredible place! Super fun! Who doesn't love a water adventure that doesn't require sunscreen?!

I love and miss you too Annie!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Rock on!
What a fun looking trip and I'm so happy everyong (eventually) had a great time!!

Your sleeping family photo is perfect - there are many nights when I have woken up with a foot in my face :o)

Looks like the lodge will be a Rantz Family do-over. Love it!!

The Browns said...

WOW!! How fun:) The kids must have thought that they hit the jackpot!!!

Love Max's "sword", but his tears...so sad. He obviously warmed up to the place;)

Molly Andersson said...

oh my gosh!! That looks so so fun!! I want to go there!! Your little family is so cute and I love hearing about your trips! It reminds me of our family trips!! :) The party pooper cracks me up!! Love you and cant wait to see you!

Allison said...

The last picture breaks my heart and cracks me up! I am assuming he was having a "fun-over." I am so glad that y'all had a great spring break! Love you!

Leslie said...

Ohhhh so much fun!!! I am really glad the party pooper was out of the pool! Love you! :)