I'd like today to be different.
I've been home with kids and without a husband all week, and I just have a little itch for things to be different today.
I'd like to change it up a bit.
I'd like to paint my nails a pretty color.
I'd like to bake some muffins.
I'd like to go on a date with my husband tonight and take a purse that only fits my wallet. No diapers, snacks or toys.
I'd like for Lucy to only change her clothes once.
I'd like to clean the house and have it stay clean.
I do believe that my ideas have just turned to wishes.
I wish that Lucy would stop scratching her beautiful face.
I wish that I wouldn't have to repeat myself to the kids today. Not even once.
I wish that Max would only poop while Devon is on diaper duty.
I'd like to shop for Easter basket stuff for the kids and then check "Easter baskets" off my to-do list.
I'd like to go see what the Modelquins at Old Navy are doing these days.
I'd like to run 4 miles, since I slept through the group run this morning at 7:30.
I'd like for time to stand still for a while, because today Max is 11 months old. I just can't bear the thought of him turning 1 year old in exactly 1 month.
Last night we took the kids to the mall to play at "the boats" and a stranger asked me if Max's father is Asian. I answered no, but I was quite happy about this inquiry! I've been told a few times that I look part-Asian, so I must assume that something about Max looks like me! The stranger said that it is his eyes- the way that they crease at the outside corners.
Once, when I was little, I was using the bathroom at church, and some girls didn't know that I was in there, and one of them said, "Annie has a face like a China doll." She didn't say it nicely, and my feelings were hurt that she was talking about me behind my back. Now I think it is funny, but I wish that I would have busted out of the bathroom stall and used some Kung Fu!
3 comments:
Kung Fu straight out of the church bathroom stall! Mommy likey ;o)
I hope all your ideas / wishes come true. My idea is to change my name from mommy to Your Royal Highness - at least that way, when they yell at me, I can get a little ego boost from my new name ;o)
Give Max 11 smooches for me!!
I wish that I was a better commenter these days!!!! ANNIE I LOVE YOU and I will be back!!! I promise!!! The sizzler only allowed me enough time to read your many many posts (you blogger you :)) and now my babysitting duities are calling downstairs. Debbie's kiddos of course...not my own or it wouldn't be babysitting would it?!!!! Really, be patient with me and the sizzler!!! I will be back!!!
GREAT POSTS BTW!!!!
Max's eyes have always been just like his beautiful mother's eyes in shape. He is such a beautiful fun baby! And I love is little steps, he is going to be a real challenge at the baseball games this year!
I may have to find an Old Navy near me. Love those sweaters! You manage to do so much, blog so great, even with three kids and a husband to take your time.
Hug the little bubster for me on his 11 month versary.
Post a Comment