March 17, 2010

So Many Blogs, So Little Time

Whenever Devon and I get hooked on a TV show, we begin to call the fictional characters our "friends." We like these people, we spend time with these people, we laugh at their jokes... See? They are our friends. You probably know some of our friends, like Will and Grace, Lily and Marshall, Dexter and Rita (just kidding, we aren't friends with serial killers). True, our friends don't know us, but we think that they'd like us.




Anyway, I have friends online too (I am still referring to complete strangers as "friends"), and when Devon can see that I am deeply interested in whatever my laptop is showing me, I don't even have to explain that I am catching up with friends- he knows what I am doing.




Sometimes my blogger "friends" have special giveaways, and I have started to enter as many giveaways as I can (my odds of winning can only get better, right?).




And I even commented on a stranger's blog today. I told her that she makes me laugh. Wow, that sort of felt like a confession, and now I feel a bit silly... Fortunately, I have real blogger friends too, who I actually know and they know me. I LOVE my real blogger friends out there-- love love love you all! Okay, I feel better now.




I'd like you to meet some of my new friends- http://www.younghouselove.com/ Some moms from Stroller Strides introduced me to them, and they are fabulous!


Who are your blogger "friends"?

4 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

I love that you have so many "friends!" It makes me laugh to think of you and Devon :o)

This blog is so great (I know I said that already) but I really mean it...it's a winner for shizzle!

I'm going to have to do some searching and find some more friends so I can have something worthy of sharing ;o)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Annie...ME TOO! You are so funny! I will check out that blog for sure! You are not wrong...your "friends" would like you all very much!!!

Just Me said...

Yes, your friends would like you and Devon!
So I have two women friends I emailed for ten yrs, one I never met who lives in Cleveland, yes, Ohio, and I met twice briefly who lives in Anacortes, WA.

Then there are the "friends" I chat with on Facebook, two live in Bangladesh, yes, that Bangladesh...India. Other places too but I thought that was the most interesting of far away and not-like-me places. It lets me know that really, they are like me in some ways.

comfy cozy said...

Oh Annie, you crack me up with your confessional! And wouldn't you know it, I have a few "friends" too that don't know we're actualy friends (like Nienie...we are SUCH good friends!)! And I always think "if only they knew me, I just know they'd really like me too!" So yes, that is a no-brainer, your "friends" would totally love you too! You are, after all, completely loveable! :)

So it looks like I'm going to have to check out your "friend" now. Sheesh, so many friends it's hard to find time for them all! :)