March 24, 2010

Our Weekend Visitors

Once upon a time, Andrea and I would get together and do all of our favorite things that we love to do together- shop, eat, shop, drink, shop, pedicure... girlfriend stuff!
MY OH MY, how times have changed!
Now our visits are filled with being mommies together!
Sure, some shopping, dining and pampering would have been absolutely fabulous,
but who would have taken care of our 5 children????

It was wonderful to see Andrea, as always, and I was so happy to introduce her to the newest man in my life, Max.
Our girls played together, and they quickly bonded over a shared love of princesses! They were very excited to watch Princess and the Frog, and we thought it was super cute to see them all lined up (Max is only in this picture for effect, but Joe stayed and watched most of the movie with the girlies).


The kids were very busy all weekend.
They played dress-up...

and doctor, and dolls...



and looked at books,

all while Max tried to keep up and take part in the action.

And they even did a little of this:

And in true Andrea fashion, she did not arrive empty handed- she brought me a bottle of homemade Kahlua! Though her visit was too short, the Kahlua has brought happiness all week long :)

Someday we will once again get to spend a day together window shopping in Anthropologie, shopping the sales at Gap, perusing through Pottery Barn, all with iced coffee drinks in hand, and only stopping to eat lunch at The Cheesecake Factory...

And on that day, I'll bet that we will express how we miss the days when our kids were little and were overjoyed by the simple pleasures in life, like jelly beans!

4 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Buddy!
Super awesome recap...and I couldn't agree more about the "way things used to be" - someday we'll be there again right?

I loved seeing you and wish we had more time - but I took away each and every second we did have as a treasure!

When were you taking all those cute pictures? I have like 2...humm? I need to improve my camera skills evidently!

You are an awesome mommy and BFF! I love you with all my heart!!

Just Me said...

I loved playing with all the girls myself while I was there that first day. Girls are son fun! So are you boys, Joe and Max.

Loved the pic of them all lined up on the bed. I'm glad you got that shot.

comfy cozy said...

AWESOME!!

So glad you two bffs got together! Sounds like a lot of fun spent with the kiddies!

I love that pic of you all on the couch...such good lookin' mamas and kiddos!

Maybe some day we can all get together! And then we could leave the men in charge so we could go partake in some girly things! :)

Leslie said...

I can personally GUARANTEE you will miss those days!!! So enjoy every moment of these days, it goes by soooooo fast!