March 16, 2010

A Little Bit of This and That

I've been keeping my camera close at hand, just in case something funny, or cute, or interesting happened, so that I would have something to blog about, complete with photos. But, alas, nothing out of the ordinary has sparked inspiration, so all that I have to share is a bit of this and that.

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of Elmo. Don't call me a hater, I'm just saying... I don't get it. But Max gets it!


One day last week, Lucy insisted that Max stay with her in their bedroom because she was playing "school" with him. She read to him, and he was unaware that he was part of her game, but nonetheless, he was a good little student.

One of my Craigslist projects involved selling Lucy's Ikea Hemnes daybed and buying this little vintage twin bed. It was Robin's Egg Blue, but I painted it Ballet Slipper Pink, and Lucy loves it.

Joe missed 3 days of school last week because he was sick. It was nothing that a little chicken noodle soup, Gatorade, and a Lego magazine couldn't cure, so he is better now. I hate to get behind on my 5th grade homework- uh, I mean his homework.

Have I mentioned that Bubs gives great hugs?

See?!

So, Lucy's final Sports Sampler class is this Friday, and though it is completely entertaining, and she enjoys going, this photo kinda describes her commitment to sports. She is rolling on a basketball when she was clearly supposed to be doing whatever the rest of the kids were doing. That's my girl!

The past two weekends, I've had minor panic attacks while trying to both prepare the house for visiting Realtors and prepare the family for a day of killing time. Last Saturday we enjoyed a nice, long Mexican lunch, and I was overjoyed that Lucy and Joe both ate all of their food! Lucy once told Joe, "It makes me so happy, Joe, to see you eat so well!" Hmm, wonder where she learned to say that!

Max is in the habit of taking his socks off every time that we are in the car. I looked back yesterday as we were running errands, and I couldn't help but smile at the sight of his tootsies. If my feet were that cute, I'd pull my socks off too :)

Did you know that The Princess and The Frog came out on DVD today? We wasted no time in buying it, and Lucy watched the entire movie with this smile on her face-

Last week I happened to notice that Conan O'Brien was going to go on tour, and I happened to be feeling impulsive, and I happened to find pretty good tickets for the show, and I happened to make my husband's day, because we happen to love Conan, and the show now happens to be sold out. Can't wait to see him!

And, finally, a little video of my growing babies for my parents who don't get to see them often enough. Can you tell that Max is a little scared of the toy?? (I've never posted a video before- did it work??)

Alright folks, that is all I've got!

6 comments:

Just Me said...

Annie, that is the cutest video! Yes, it worked! I love Lucy's anticipation of the dog jumping and then Max yelling with excitement. I can't wait to see them tomorrow...and hear all about the Princess and the Frog of course.

Does Lucy have a new Princess Dress, the blue one? I love her new sun dress, finally a replacement for the blue and white polka dot one I got her a year ago.

Love the pics of the kids. I am so glad you keep your camera at the ready.

Just Me said...

Oh, and I just love Lucy on the ball. Yes, that is our girl. So funny! And Max's sweet sweet little tootsies. Great blog as usual.

Wilson Girlzz said...

This and That was good stuff!

I love all the pictures and the video - seriously! Over achiever! It was cute :o)

I'm right there with you on Elmo. The characters I really don't get are the Yo Gaba Gaba crew...seriously, I think it's a show that promotes ADD. Weird stuff!

The picture of Bubs giving you a hug is so sweet - and I really love Lucy's new bed, nice work painting it! oh, and I recognize that quilt :o)

Love you!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Young House Love blog is TDF!
Nice find!!
I'm hooked :O)

comfy cozy said...

This and That was totally awesome and totally appreciated!! I love the peek into your life!

Okay first off, Lucy cracks me up!! She is one funny girl! I love that she "teaches" her baby brother and I love that she doesn't exactly play by the rules at sport sampler. Oh, and I love the bed that you painted! And you say you aren't crafty?!! Pu-lease! And her bedspread is to-die-for!

And the hwole realtor thing gives me panic attacks for you!! I dread that day with every bone in my body. Starngers walking through my home definitely gives me anxiety. Especially since we are a no-shoes kinda house and they never respect that! Yuck!

And I want to get that movie, even though I haven't seen it. I'm glad to hear that you love it!

And you look great, by the way! The video worked and I'm such a dork that I was like "Oh! That's Annie's voice!" Yep, TOTAL dork! :)

comfy cozy said...

OMGSH! Major spelling error alert! Darn it that I can't quite remember to check BEFORE posting! Sorry about that; nothing like a few spelling errors to distract!