March 9, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack!


I know, I know, it has been a while. My dad called me this afternoon and asked, "So, what's up with your blog??" I figured that I should give an update in case anyone else misses me :)


Lucy took this picture!

The past three weeks have been a bit out of routine for our family- Joe had a week out of school (mid-winter break- were there mid-winter breaks when I was in school?), and then Devon went on an all-expense paid trip to Maui without me (it is true what "they" say- life isn't fair), which we don't really need to talk about, and then the kids had ear infections, and then Devon took a week-long "stay-cation". But now everyone is healthy and back to the grind as usual.




I'd become quite committed to my Craigslist addiction and my house-redecorate project, working toward my "Big Reveal," but my plans all came to a halt because...

Notice anything new?? A little FOR SALE sign!


We aren't certain of our plans from here, but we are excited to figure it out! We really like Issaquah, and we don't want to switch Joe's school, so we'd like to stay in this area/neighborhood. However, I'd like to take this opportunity to send up a prayer, God, I ask that someday Devon will get a transfer/promotion to California, because I miss my mama! It doesn't even have to be a promotion- just a transfer would be fine! And it doesn't even have to be northern California- just anywhere within a driving distance of my family! Amen!


The kids are all doing really well. Joe started baseball this week, and he is on the Reds this year. He is really excited to be playing again and to sharpen his skills, throwin' heat on the mound!

Lucy... ah, Lucy. My girl is so silly. She dresses herself now, and she has found her drawer of sundresses from last summer, and she insists on wearing them, even though it is still fairly cold outside. When I am able to dress her in anything other than a sundress, she says, "But mom, I don't look beautiful!" And when I ask her to go change into something warmer, she returns with another sundress. It can be very difficult to negotiate with a princess!

I bought this dress at a consignment store today for $3.50! I love a good find!


Max is 10 1/2 months already. My baby is getting so big! His nickname that has stuck the longest is "Bubs," and it was actually initiated by Lucy! He is a busy, busy boy, and he is happy and sweet, and he gives great hugs and super wet kisses :)

And just because I really appreciate a bad picture, check this one out!

Max's outfit is also a consignment store treasure found this morning :)

I must introduce our new sofa! My objective was to seat more bodies, and as you can see, SUCCESS! Plenty of space for the whole family!

Okay, that is probably enough blogging for now- baby steps, right?

OH!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!

I love you, and I hope your birthday was a fantastic day :)

5 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Yes, you HAVE been missed!! And WOW, a "for sale" sign!! Oh Annie, I think we're in the same exact boat! I desperately want to raise Han in, yes, you guessed it, LWW! :) But what to do when our house won't sell for what we paid??! :(

Life sure is tough sometimes, so many decisions...I guess that really is just when you have to say a prayer! :)

I hope life finds you back in Cali in the next couple of years (and me too!).

And Princess Lucy is just the sweetest; I love a girl that knows exactly what she wants!!

P.S. The large couch is sweet- so much room!

Wilson Girlzz said...

WOO!! WOO!!
This is the highlight of my week!

I'm so happy you are back (tell your dad thanks for some peer pressure)!!

You look great and I laughed out loud when you said "it can be difficult to negotiate with a princess" - I think you could make posters and sell millions! I know I'd buy at least one for every room in my house :O) AMEN!

I'm praying for you and the whole house situation - it's an adorable place and I'm sure a little family will fall in love with it and snatch it up! Location. Location. Location...totally is working on your side too.

I hope Joe brings the heat all season long! We need a picture of him in his uniform with Max in his Mariners get up (super awesome consignment store finds, by the way!)

love you WTT ;o)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

ANNIE!!! I have to go and come right baaaccck! Thanks for the bday love!!! Be right back :)

Just Me said...

AHH, so good to see you back, Annie! Lucy suddenly looks so much older, thicker hair, just her stance and everything. I don't notice it actually when I am with her so much as seeing these pics.

I would so miss you if you moved to California but I know how much you would love to be near your family. Then I would be for the first time ever not near Devon and would so miss you and my grandkids. But for me warmer would be better so I would try to follow.

Yes, it is hard to argue or even reason with a Princess. Do I ever know that!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

The couch: Is it THE ONE??? You know from "the dream house"? LOve it either way!

YOU: That picture is adorable and I love getting to lay my eyes on you, through the eyes of Lucy!

Lucy: That dress was a SUPER FIND! I love it and I love her!

Maxaroo: SO cute and sooooo juicy!!!

Devon: Booooo! No more Maui!!! Well, I am mostly kidding :)

Joe: Happy break buddy!!!

Your future: It will be bright no matter where you hang your hat :)! Home is where the heart is. Take it from me!!!