March 29, 2010

Fortunate Misfortune

Yesterday Max climbed onto our sofa, reached over to our side table, grabbed our lamp, and broke it!

I had bought this lamp at a garage sale about, oh, nine years ago, and to say that I am bummed that I now have to go shop for a replacement would be a
LIE.


What else can I get Max to break!?!?!?!?


Always trying to be resourceful, I thought that maybe we could use the broken lampshade to help keep Lucy from scratching her face.

9 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!! Poor poor baby!!! :))) It's like she went to the vet! :)

Lets see, Max could come break my cheap Target dishes so I could get some new ones!

Annie said...

Exactly! Bring those dishes over, you'll be shopping for new ones in no time!

Lucy DID NOT like the protective collar! We only left it on long enough to take the picture, but we thought it was really funny (at her expense!).

Jami said...

That picture is fantastic! There is nothing like having a good laugh at our kids expense! I do it daily :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

ANNIE!!!
That is hilarious! Her facial expression is priceless...poor baby!

How could you hold still long enough to take the picture? I would have been laughing too hard :o)

Hmmm...what could Max break for us? I'd really like some new lamps in our house too - he's such a good boy ;o)

I hope LuLu's recovered from her collar - give her a love for me

comfy cozy said...

Woah blogger buddy!! I go offline all weekend, then hop back on (at this crazy insomniac hour) and there's multiple posts!! Love it, of course! Mama Rantz has made a serious comeback! :)

Lucy does not look pleased; although sometimes you really just have to capture the craziness of life with little ones! After all, it goes by too darn quick! Speaking of, I'm sorry that your baby boy will be turning one soon...it is just too rough watching them grow up sometimes!!! I could cry just thinking about it...

Michele Woods said...

Annie, someone is going to call CPS on you, poor Lucy. The pic is hilarious. Max turning one not so sad, you can always give him a baby sister next year.

Leslie said...

Annie...take my grandbaby out of the cone of shame immediately!!! jk :)

Just Me said...

Annie, I am laughing still... the lampshade on Lucy's head. Looks like the "cone" they put on Nikki to keep her from licking/chewing on her surgery/injury or whatever. Sorry Lucy but I could not help laughing.

Jacqui Lott said...

Laughing hysterically! Nice one. Happy lamp shopping (I just bought a nice one at Ikea for super cheap).