It is just past 8:30 pm, and all three of my children are in their own beds for the night! Yes, let me say it once more because it just feels so good to say that all three of my children are in their own beds for the night!
Joseph is in bed at this time every night. When I first starting dating Devon, Joe didn't have a bedtime and didn't have a bedtime routine, and then when he finally would fall asleep, he would sleep with his daddy. Well, when Devon and I were planning to get married, I was insistent that the child needed a bedtime and his own bed, because, you know, newlyweds just don't need to share a bed with a 6 year old, if you catch my drift!
Now, skip to my newborn baby girl, and the intense joy that followed when she would fall asleep in my arms at night... and here we are, three years later, and she is still accustomed to falling asleep in the arms of her parents, in front of the tv... and Max is following the trend!
But no more, friends! Mark my words- it all changes tonight! Victory is so sweet!
Rather than blog, I am going to actually spend some child-free time with my husband and a milkshake :)
Oh, and I send a shout-out to my mom for giving me a pep-talk about getting Lucy to bed earlier! It worked mom! It was something like, "Now that you are three years old, you have a bedtime just like Joe! And you fall asleep in your own bed! What a big girl!"
Joseph is in bed at this time every night. When I first starting dating Devon, Joe didn't have a bedtime and didn't have a bedtime routine, and then when he finally would fall asleep, he would sleep with his daddy. Well, when Devon and I were planning to get married, I was insistent that the child needed a bedtime and his own bed, because, you know, newlyweds just don't need to share a bed with a 6 year old, if you catch my drift!
Now, skip to my newborn baby girl, and the intense joy that followed when she would fall asleep in my arms at night... and here we are, three years later, and she is still accustomed to falling asleep in the arms of her parents, in front of the tv... and Max is following the trend!
But no more, friends! Mark my words- it all changes tonight! Victory is so sweet!
Rather than blog, I am going to actually spend some child-free time with my husband and a milkshake :)
Oh, and I send a shout-out to my mom for giving me a pep-talk about getting Lucy to bed earlier! It worked mom! It was something like, "Now that you are three years old, you have a bedtime just like Joe! And you fall asleep in your own bed! What a big girl!"
5 comments:
Oh Annie!!! Congrats!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!! Aren't Mom's so wise?? Well, for sure yours anyway :)!
Happy hubby and milkshake time! you deserve it!
Excellent, very happy for you all. Very good idea to implement it now at Lucy's third birthday.
SAAAWWWeeeeeTTT!!!
Nice work!
Bedtime routines are tough to start, but totally worth it!
The 'big girl' sales pitch is a fantastic idea!!
I hope you enjoyed your evening, your hubby, and your milkshake :o)
Yay for moms- they always somehow seem to have the perfect advice!
I'm happy that there was a victory for you and even happier that you spent it with a milkshake and your hubby! :)
Hahahahahaha! glad it worked!
Post a Comment